How often do you clean out your filter

how often

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • every water change

• Total voters
I clean floss once a week when i do the weekend water change but i only touch the biological media every 3 months.

parker313 said:
I probably do it every 2-3 mos. I usually use the python for water changes so there's no tank water to wash it in. Rinsing filter media means doing bucket changes and that's a pain so I don't usually bother :p
i use a python too, so i just mix a small bucket of dechlor water to rinse filters in. only do it when i start to have flow problems.

My filter has 4 large sponges and clean them every 3 months.

i clean one of the 4 sponges and then waiti a couple of weeks until i clean the next one and so on.

karrihug said:
parker313 said:
I probably do it every 2-3 mos. I usually use the python for water changes so there's no tank water to wash it in. Rinsing filter media means doing bucket changes and that's a pain so I don't usually bother :p
i use a python too, so i just mix a small bucket of dechlor water to rinse filters in. only do it when i start to have flow problems.
I use python, but when I need to clean the filter media, I usually take half a bucket of water out of the tank first before starting my python. (I created a large cup out of 2L bottle).

Most reactions

Back