How Much?

Buddyboy67

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Any of you out there ever sit and add up how much you've spent on your set up so far, not counting water changes, food, additves ,etc...??
Just did a few sums there and watched the new triumph I dream about ride past my mind's eye !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

For those of you who have worked it out..my commisorations to your bank acount... £/$ :rip:

For tose of you who haven't...DON'T..for the sake of your own sanity, best not to.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bud, I do not dare to even think about it. :crazy:

Luckily I only paid £60 for my tank and stand with sump, else it could have much much worse.

When you look at all the livestock though, phewww, it brings tears to the eyes. And certainly the bank account :crazy:

Considering I spent over £100 in Fishworld on Saturday, I have 10% discount and I exchanged a frag to the value of £10, errrr :crazy:

Before leaving lfs when I bought the tank, luckily came complete..just add water, and 3 poly boxes of live rock I had handed over £2,500 !!!!!

I stopped adding up tonight when I hit around £5,000 from the extra live rock to build up the back wall, the coral, the fish......don't want to go on here as i think i'll burst into tears.. :-( :-( :-(

Even still, gotta say it is worth it in the long run.....or is it?????? :-( :-( :-(

Um I'm guessing around $700-$800 by now and I'm not even done. Good thing is I can spread it out over time. A fish here, a fish there. Waited and bought a second hand skimmer, stuff like that. Bought a 1 year old 2nd hand 250w metal halide light for $200...thought that was a decent deal. Included shipping which is insane. I can't believe how HEAVY the ballasts are :eek:

This is precisely the reason I am trying to get hold of a second hand 6ft tank. The unit will not cost alot cause andrew can get the 18mm MFC from work as off cuts, the oak doors are second hand but solid wood and handles, well we don't really pay for them much.

It just means there is more money for things like pumps, live rock etc, if I had my compensation though, well I would be ordering a brand spanker custom buid and have it tomorrow.

Just reading a nano thread there..i forgot to add on powerheads, test kits, eheim tongs..................Waaaaaaaahhhh it's only getting worse !!!!!!

I got lucky when my dad threw in the towel at keeping fish and gave me his 125 litre tank. It's just as well, I've probably saved some fish-lives! Still.. I've spent on water conditioner, a new filter, gravel, sand, plants, food, oh! and fish. Nothing like £5000 though Bud, I wish!!

I got lucky when my dad threw in the towel at keeping fish and gave me his 125 litre tank. It's just as well, I've probably saved some fish-lives! Still.. I've spent on water conditioner, a new filter, gravel, sand, plants, food, oh! and fish. Nothing like £5000 though Bud, I wish!!

think were talkin saltwater in here tho mate

i always stop adding when i hit £1000 but its well over that and its only just a nano

i dont want to add mine up.

i have had 4 sets of lighting!

the tank was a bargain at £150 though...ex display jobby.

Where do i start?

Tank £600
Skimmer £120
Powerheads x 5 £200
Coral Sand £50
Live Rock 90KG £800
Bulbs £100
Heater £25

The list could go on and on with bits bought and sold, also considering water changes at about £8 per week as i am on a water meter! for a year this would be £416, then there is the stock i lost with the disaster which could be upto £400. Hope that the wife doesn't know this website or i will be in deep **** :blush:

Tank + Skimmer + Extras £100
Lights sold -£40
Light bought £40
Powerheads £30
Refractometer £30
ATC 300 £20
New Heater £20
Sand £20
Rock £125
CUC £40 ish
Clowns £30
Blenny £15
Cardinal that died £30
Flasher £25
Coral Beauty £35
Cleaner Shrimps £30
Cleaner Shrimp that died £15
Food £5
Magnesium £20
Test kits £35
Ultiphos + Carbon £15?
Impeller £10
RO unit + extras £150
T5 unit + tubes £50

Just guesses might have missed something up this is for my 180L tank that doesn't even have corals yet.

£930 I think.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Most reactions

Back