How much to add?

API Conditioner is pretty inexpensive. A $15 bottle will last me for a year I am guessing, with a 125 gal tank.

API Conditioner is pretty inexpensive. A $15 bottle will last me for a year I am guessing, with a 125 gal tank.
Really? How much do you use 😅

I have chloramine for sure, sometimes a lot of it, then they do a giant chlorine burn to clean the bacteria out of the pipes.

6-8 ml per WC since we have chlorine vs. chloramine. I believe you have to double the dose for chloramine.
That's a lot... Dang... But then again I have a small tank

My Fritz Pro Chlorine remover calls for 1 teaspoon per 100 gallons, basically, 1 capful for 100 gallons. On ponds when we are replacing all the water, I probably use 3 times that right now due to water fluctuations recently. On my aquariums, I use half a teaspoon on my 38 hex, and about 1/3 teaspoon on the 29. Which would be maybe 2 ml

The way aquarists use dechlorinator must be the worse piece of science I have ever seen. It is all pure guess work.
Not really. They have guides on how much to use. I just know how much to add now without using the measurement vile

When using buckets, treat the bucket amount.

When using a siphon filler, treat for the entire amount of the tank.

Prime is dosed 1 ml/10 USG; medicinal syringes simplify the process, as they are marked in ml increments.

When using buckets, treat the bucket amount.

When using a siphon filler, treat for the entire amount of the tank.

Prime is dosed 1 ml/10 USG; medicinal syringes simplify the process, as they are marked in ml increments.
Why dose for the entire tank amount if the water in there has already been dechlorinated? Then you can dose for what you are putting in and save money. Also wouldn't it over dose and possibly cause bad reactions?

Most reactions

Back