How Much Lighting For A 12" Deep Tank?

Xenosis

Reaction score
Hey all,
Im wondering how much lighting do i need to grow corals if i were to down the path of saltwater,
atm my local fish shop has a 4 bulb T5 HO 4x24w
I was wondering if this would be enough lighting for my 24x12x12 tank.
Please help as there is so many confusing answers

Yer sounds plenty to keep softies, LPS and maybe SPS if places at highest point. Dw about the depth urs is very shallow so either PCs T5s or MH will be more than suitable.

4 HO T5's will be sufficient for most applications in a 24X12X12 tank. :good: To say for certain, we need to know what corals you which to keep ;) As above though, all softies, most LPS and some SPS's will be fine under that, but there are a few exceptions to the rule... Also, there are some that will find that too much :shifty:

All the best
Rabbut

Okay cheers for the reply guys.
Could it grow Anomene (I cant spell) the things that clown fish use to swim around in etc?

To answer your question, yes there is enough light there to sustain an anenome (spelling :lol: ) but as truck says, they aren't easy to keep.

Anenomies have an appaulling survivability rate in aquariums and have a habit of just going over, even under experienced care. Realy, these should be left to those that are experienced. I'm not saying you can't have one, many "newbies" have success with them, but you will have to pile on the research and wait for the tank to be a year+ old before trying one. Bubble tip anenomies would be the best ones to start with, if the consensus is correct :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

if you want anemones that are really really easy to keep, think aiptasia and manjano anemones. they just refuse to die :lol:

just joking :)

Most reactions

Back