How Much Is Too Much

sivabiot

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have an albino oscar (2 inch),been feeding him ocean's XO ever red, freeze dried tubifex worm and blood worm with occasional insect treat. i have not established regular feeding pattern and timing,the fish just gobbles any thing and everything that i give, i am afraid that the fish might get blotting problem due to over feeding.

so can any one please help me standardize a feeding pattern any advice is appreciated.

I would add a cichlid pellet as the main staple of the diet. This food is designed to give the fish it's full nutrition, and you could still feed it a more meaty food a couple times a week as a treat or just something different to keep its pallet diverse. I feed my cichlids mainly on pellets but mix in jumbo mysis, krill and even husked peas about once a week (helps with their digestive tract healthu).

You may find that the pellets can be expensive when buying the inidividual pouches from the store, but if you can find a shop that carries bulk containers or even look online, the price will go down and even large cichlids can be fed economically :good:

Most reactions

Back