how many?

paige16

Reaction score
how many babies does a swordtail molly and guppy have? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p :clap: :clap: :clap: :wub: :wub:

there isn't a set amount of fry that they can have. it could be any where from 5 to 60 or more.

there isn't a set amount of fry that they can have. it could be any where from 5 to 60 or more.

no they havent given birth before :fun: :beer: :nod: :music: :fish: :band: :stupid: :- :mama: :rip: my fish died today

55gallon
3 mollies two black one white lyretail
1 female swordtail hopefully carrying more
2 guppies male and female
1 sucker
1 male betta

1 gallon
1 male betta

1gallon
1 female betta

1/2 gallon
1 female betta

:rip: graveyard :byebye:
1 male swordtail (jumped out of tank)
1 male swordtail (died of natural causes)

Swords tend to not have as many IMOE my only one that I recently had diedsoon after of stress ..... if she makes it through the first birth and is alright for bout 2 weeks then chances are she will have less chance of future complications ..... no set amount one fem. molly and one fem. sword could have 13 babies while the younger sister of both of these could have 50

Certain livebearers can have up to three hundred eggs. I'm not sure which fish reaches the max or the max number of eggs for mollies (I presume around 100 seeing as how they are much larger than guppies or platies and therefore have more room for developing fry) but the general number in the books I've read is anywhere from 20-300 fry per batch. :dunno:

Well not true all of the way ... I have heard balloons can have MASIVE batches but sailfin fry are huge so the larger the fry it may equal out .........

I raised 4 litter so far. I had to lots of guppies there where 13 in both litters, one molly litter, we kinda counted 40, but could have easyly been more I know I sold on 30, and one platy litter only found 1.

books say 20- 200, but depends on the fish.

thank you for the posts i think that they are going to have babies soon i will keep you posted if they do on how many

So u said your fish died today? did you mean all your fish? or just the preggo?

Good water, age, stress, food, temp of tank, PH, and type of fish. All these change the amount of fish stress and food being the bigest. In my gupps I have had 40 largest brood. In balloon bellies 72 has been my largest and a 30,10,5 three day birth.

i changed my name i used to be paige16 just my male swordtail died that day

Most reactions

Back