How Many

fozzy81

Reaction score
Hi all im new hear and my first post just looking for a little help .

i bought a second hand tank to get me and the kids into tropical fish keeping got the tank up and running for about a week now with five neon tetras and 5 mollies and a pleco (lost just one of the neons though) all the rest happy as pigs in poo !! so my question i bought a 2 and half foot tank buy 11 inch and height is about 16 inch i did a calculation and roughly 110 litres of the wet stuff i was wondering how many fish could i fit in there so the fish still have space to play would like some gouramis fish like that

any help would be great thanks

Was the tank operational when you bought it or was it dry/sitting unused? Cause if it's the latter, get ready for a rough time trying to keep that many fish alive for the first couple months...

Like matty says, make sure you read as much as you can about cycling a new tank with fish!!

Edit : To answer your question, I believe a general rule of thumb is about 1 inch of fish per gallon. 110L is about 25-30 gallon, so that gives you a rough approximate right there. But don't put them in all at once, you'll likely lose most of them if you do that!

Fish tank has been fully cycled for about three and half weeks . Are gourami a good fish to keep thanks

Most reactions

Back