How many peppered Corys in 37 tall?

Chad08

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 3 right now and I want atleast 5 or 6. Any room for more? I have 4 Angels and 1 Blue Ram in there also. Thanks again!!!

You have room for more cories. Somewhere around 28 more but I may have done my maths wrong. But you can deffintly fit 3 or 4 more in to have a little group of 5 or 6 :D Just curious what kind of cories do you have?

The dimensions are:30x12X22. I have peppered corys. Oh and don't all species of cories school together?

They only school with there own type. My three cories are different types and they dont school.

scout i suggest you do a little research before throwing out blind guesses...first off...at 1 inch of fish per gallon...this is his stocking levels right now...

3 Peppered cories x 3" = 9"
4 angels x 4-5" = 20" (may become agressive with eachother)
1 blue ram x 3" = 3" (should be kept in pairs)

so that being said, you currently have (or will have when full grown - that is how the inches of fish per gallon is calculated) 32" of fish.....i would say that a school of 3 more cories would be about as far as you want to go now ...or maybe 4 cories of a different species, and then 1 more peppered cory max...

for your information, similarly sized/colored cories often school together....chances are if they aren't scholing together right away, they probably will get used to each other at some point in time and will school sometimes...there wont be aggression issues or anything with multiple schools of cories even if they don't school, so you don't really have to worry bout that

ScoutCarcer: if he was to buy 28 more cories at 3" each when full grown - he would have 116" of total fish in a 37 gallon tank....how could you possibly have made a mistake in maths? it is more like you don't even understand the inches per gallon rule, therefore you should not be advising others until you are sure of what you are talking about... -_-

Most reactions

Back