How Many More Fish

moggy

Reaction score
i have just upgraded tank from a juwel rio 125 to a juwel trigon 190 i have the following fish 5 blind cave tetras 1 buinos aires tetra , 6 cardinal tetras,4 panda corys,6 pristella tetras,1 pearl gurami,1 cae i would like to have some more fish how many more could i have in the juwel 190 ? would love to have a plec but only up to about 6inches any reccomandations ?i use the juwel filter cleaning sponges in tank water weekly and doing a 20 % water change ,water stats are always fine i also have a juwel air diffuser which puts more oxygen bubbles in water thanks for any replies

What are your nitrates there boss?

What do you want a plec for, to clear algae or just cus you like them? Your answer will lead to a clear prescription...

i have just upgraded tank from a juwel rio 125 to a juwel trigon 190 i have the following fish 5 blind cave tetras 1 buinos aires tetra , 6 cardinal tetras,4 panda corys,6 pristella tetras,1 pearl gurami,1 cae i would like to have some more fish how many more could i have in the juwel 190 ? would love to have a plec but only up to about 6inches any reccomandations ?i use the juwel filter cleaning sponges in tank water weekly and doing a 20 % water change ,water stats are always fine i also have a juwel air diffuser which puts more oxygen bubbles in water thanks for any replies
nitrates are 5 ammonia and nitrates are 0 i just like the looks of the pleco

Great...

There are fish calculators available www.thinkfish.co.uk

As for plecos, lots of choice for Plecos that do not get big... Here are a few
Clown Pleco
Bristlenose Pleco
L260 Queen Arabesque

Google them for pix, the QA is the nicest IMHO

Great...

There are fish calculators available www.thinkfish.co.uk

As for plecos, lots of choice for Plecos that do not get big... Here are a few
Clown Pleco
Bristlenose Pleco
L260 Queen Arabesque

Google them for pix, the QA is the nicest IMHO
thanks for that guys i agree the queen arabesque L260 pleco is butifull a bit pricey but i'll save up

I'd get a couple more buenos aires tetras too, they're a shoaling fish, then rehome the CAE (not a good community fish as they turn very aggressive as they grow, and will get too big for your tank at 10" anyway).

I'd get a couple more buenos aires tetras too, they're a shoaling fish, then rehome the CAE (not a good community fish as they turn very aggressive as they grow, and will get too big for your tank at 10" anyway).
i agree about the cae he is starting to pick on my other fish i'll have to see if any aquatic shop will take him i got the buenos aires tetra with my tank about 6 months ago he is quite big and sometimes a bit of a bully so thought i would wait until he passed on as really not to keen on having anymore buenos aires thanks for the replys

any shop should take your CAE,but whether you get anything for it is another thing.i buy nearly all my fish from one place so when i want to change any fish,i always get 50% of what i paid for it which i think is pretty good :good:

Most reactions

Back