How Many Led`s To Replace T5`s

stefday

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently have 6 x 39W T5 Linear bulbs on my tank. I was wondering how many LED`s I would need to have the same or better lighting?

I have read that LED`s do not use as much electricity or throw out the same amount of heat as T5`s.

Not looking to change straight away but thinking of slowly changing to LED`s as I change the bulbs on the T5`s

Thanks for any advice.

Stef

It depends on a few things. Whata re you doing building this yourself.

because it will all depend on what LEDs you are using they do differ greatly and what reflectors. You would need a LOT of LEDs to replace 6 T5s.

depends on tank size and depth and what you intend to keep for example 106 Cree XRE-E with lenses are needed in a 4 x 2 x 2 tank to keep SPS and clams

I am looking at the Aqua Ray LED`s.

The tank is 37" long 16" wide and 19" deep.

I have mainly hard corals with a couple of soft corals

Probably 6 - 8 for SPS corals in aqua rays. So expensive. I sold mine. They underperformed and i was disapointed.

Probably 6 - 8 for SPS corals in aqua rays. So expensive. I sold mine. They underperformed and i was disapointed.

Probably agree for SPS but I have a simular tank size and have 4 Aqua Ray strips for well over a year and the corals (mainly soft but have favia, torch etc) and all are growing fine. No problem with colouring and reducing the heat wasa great bonus - no chiller now required.

Most reactions

Back