How many Hikari Bio Gold pellets to feed?

ral

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Instructions say 1-3 pellets 3 times per day. I feed twice per day, 4-5 pellets each time, but they eat that well under 2 minutes.

I get the impression my Bettas would eat the whole package if I put it in there. I only feed 3 pellets twice a day (6 pellets/day in total). Occasionally I fast them for breakfast and I try to give frozen bloodworms once a week. The amount you are feeding them is likely fine IMO. It's very tempting to overfeed because it's so much fun to watch them munch on the pellets!! I think that several smaller feedings are better than fewer large feedings.

z.

They are such pigs.

I would probably feed 3 at a time, at most.

I feed mine 2-3 in the morning, 2-3 at night, and a few times a week they get a wormy with their meal. I could probably get away with feeding more, but in smaller amounts multiple times a day, because they are quite active, since they can see eachother and whatnot.

It seems that too many pellets at once could have some repercussions, but I am not sure.

i feed mine 2 bio gold pelletts at a time 1 or 2x/day. some days they get frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms for their second feeding
edit: forgot to say that they eat the pelletts in about 2 seconds flat!!

I usually feed 2 in the afternoon and 3 at night, and every other day the afternoon feeding is replaced with about half a pea worth of frozen bloodworms. He eats it all up within 3 seconds or so. :p

Most reactions

Back