How many fish??

bec23

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive got a 300lt tank (5ft) with 2 x 3ft Zebra Moray eels, 1 x 7" Lunare Wrasse and a 5" Voilitan Lionfish. They all get on great, but my question is, should I limit the number of fish in this tank to just these 4 or could I put another fish in? :dunno: I have fallen in love with a dog face puffer, but from what ive read, they can be a bit of a pain, as far as releasing toxins when stessed, that kind of thing. Do you thing he'd be too aggressinve for the eels? I thought Id ask here, before I did anything, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks :D

Hi,
Just for the sake of it I checked out the conversion..300 Litres = 79 US gal or 66 UK Gal. :kana: :kana: :D

66 UKgallons :*)
Too small im afraid. (Well IMO anyway).

A Dogfaced puffer grows very big. Also, all these fish give off high waste products either through bad eating habits or simply just being big!

66 gallons is really not enough to be honest. You havent mentioned what type of filtration you have, but i would think that any filtration will be overworked for this amount of waste.

thats aprox... 125G? (75G is 4 feet)

My tank is 4ft and its 100 gallons.

The length of the tank doesnt equate to the volume. My tank is 4x2x2 which gives 100 gallons. some tanks are 4x15x12 and this gives (31 gallons :-( )

4x15x18 will be 46 gallons

Most reactions

Back