How Many Adfs In 2.5 Gal?

The_Dude

Fishaholic
Reaction score
How many adf's will (comfortably) live in there? And if I had one in there, could a female betta live in that tank with it?

my honest opinion i would say 2. you could make the tank a really nice and lovely looking with small plants and caves, nice sandy substrate i find is best for the frogs. i wouldnt add a female betta. partly as i belive they belong in no smaller tanks then 5gallons, but also is such a small tank, they could be competition for food and i would think it may be overstocked then, as the frogs do need a heater, and benefit from a filter, they wouldnt be much room.
myself, i would stick with 2 african dwarf frogs. good lukc in whatever you deside

I'll probably add a ghost shrimp in with the frog. or not, who knows?

ive never had any problems with shrimps and frogs living together. and the extra shrimp can clean up what the frogs leave, but they would still need to be fed aswell.

my shrimp loves them, there small and made for cories but my bettas and guppies eat them too, my shrimp loves them, he'll grab 1 or 2 before any one else and run away with them

my shrimp loves them, there small and made for cories but my bettas and guppies eat them too, my shrimp loves them, he'll grab 1 or 2 before any one else and run away with them
cories eat algae wafers?? hmmm... i learn something new every day... anyway, i have a ADF, and he leaves a lot of his food to rot, which is very wasteful, and very bad for the tank specks... i would go for one or two providing you are willing to clean up after them regularly... also, stay away from gravel... the food gets lost in it fouling up the tank even more....
sorry i don't mean to sound mean, but i just had a frog die because the specs weren't right in the tank, and the ADFs leave a lot of food (at least mine does) if you have gravel, and i'm not sure about sand. When the food is left, it rots, and messes up your water chemistry that would already be hard to mantain in a tank that small...

I got the shrimp yesterday, and he's doing wonderfully. I also found that ghost shrimp (or at least mine) will eat anything! I fed him a shrimp pellet, which I know is usually made of branchiopods like gammarus or brine shrimp, but it's still amazing that he'd go for that.

most shrimps will go for anything, all mine tend to do, algea wafers, catfish pellets, flakes, anything the shrimps can grab, they will eat.
having a few shrimps with ADF's might be a good idea, clean the leftovers from the frogs.

Most reactions

Back