How Long Does Ich Live

i agree with SH. something to think about: if ich existed in ALL fish tanks then how come when ever you set up a new tank, the fish dont get ich unless they came from a tank that was infected.

btw ive turned up my heaters all they way and they only go to 84-86 degrees F. how long should i leave my tank fishless to make sure the ich is wiped out in the main tanks.

You know it's funny, you ask a question and when you get the answer to it. You give our own philosophy on the question. If you knew so much, why did you ask in the first place?

Unless you wanted to start a flame fest.

I concede the point. *shrugs*

I did a google search, finding a few sites that backed up what I said, nothing really that disagreed with the "myth". I suppose I might as well adjust my answers from here on out, then, and look more into this.

Just a note. Keep putting food in your tank to keep the bio-load alive will help from having to go though a complete cycle.

I think it's unfortunate for a fairly specific question posed in the beginners section to end in a big debate which is not directly relevant to the initial question asked. Not always easy to avoid.
The comment /view "itch is present in all aquaria" (not my opinion!) to me is not the same as "itch is present in all tanks of water", which is surely not a view that many fishkeepers could hold.
As I said in my last post, I feel itch is not likely to be present in ALL, or even most, aquaria, so why would I be offended that you provided a list of links to back this up...?

Most reactions

Back