How Long Do You Think These Fish Will Last?

Woot the posts I love the most!
I had a 3-4 inch goldfish last 1-2 weeks in about 6 cups of water. No food, anything, died of ammonia burn. Please note I wasn't being cruel, the fish was a feeder fish in my snakes water dish as a food item.
Sounds pretty cruel to me, you still had a duty of care to that fish
Yea, accept it was in the water bowl for my snake, it needed to live long enough for him to finish his shed then he eats the fish. The fish being alive or not wasn't the point, he has an easier time with the fish if its already dead, just saved me some effort. My duty was to make sure my snake ate it, not provide an extravigant home and feed it well. Why would I waste food/dechlorinator for my snakes meal.
Well I firmly believe that since the fish was in your care you should have provided for its basic needs and not just let it suffer, just because something is going to become a meal dosen't mean that there should be total disregard for its quality of life, I can't believe you just let that happen then advertised the fact of a fish forum, where people obviously have compassion for fish. Being poisoned alive is obviously going to be the most slow and with some debate painful way for a fish to die

Woot the posts I love the most!
I had a 3-4 inch goldfish last 1-2 weeks in about 6 cups of water. No food, anything, died of ammonia burn. Please note I wasn't being cruel, the fish was a feeder fish in my snakes water dish as a food item.
Sounds pretty cruel to me, you still had a duty of care to that fish
Yea, accept it was in the water bowl for my snake, it needed to live long enough for him to finish his shed then he eats the fish. The fish being alive or not wasn't the point, he has an easier time with the fish if its already dead, just saved me some effort. My duty was to make sure my snake ate it, not provide an extravigant home and feed it well. Why would I waste food/dechlorinator for my snakes meal.
Well I firmly believe that since the fish was in your care you should have provided for its basic needs and not just let it suffer, just because something is going to become a meal dosen't mean that there should be total disregard for its quality of life, I can't believe you just let that happen then advertised the fact of a fish forum, where people obviously have compassion for fish. Being poisoned alive is obviously going to be the most slow and with some debate painful way for a fish to die
Well, now we can equate how long a goldfish will live in a tank of that size. Benefits = snake eats easier, we learn something new negatives = the fish suffers.

Don't bite the bait : ), t1tanrush is just after a reaction. Hence the reason he put 'I love these posts' when someone replied saying it was cruel.
oh yea, I just join forums to annoy people! I do love posts that argue against me, I enjoy debating and arguing.

I've seen it all now!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-ROUND-PLASTIC-...1QQcmdZViewItem
d998_1.JPG

All you need to add is water, gravel and fish!
Add a heater and you can keep tropical fish in there or you can have a few goldfish.

surley a heater couldnt go in there!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've seen it all now!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-ROUND-PLASTIC-...1QQcmdZViewItem
All you need to add is water, gravel and fish!
Add a heater and you can keep tropical fish in there or you can have a few goldfish.

surley a heater couldnt go in there!

And they're asking 7 pounds for that? I think that's around $14, but I wouldn't pay 50 cents for it! Might as well get a mixing bowl out of the kitchen and slap a few 4 inch goldfish into it!

Stupid

Ideal for several goldfish! WTF! Lets put you in a wardrobe with 6 other people and see if it's ideal!!! Absolute madness! Even a total ignorant idiot can see that 7 fish would not fit in that!

your comments about how you have treated a living feeling being just leaves me absolutely speechless!!!!!!!
you were cruel B****Y B****Y cruel, it was a living creature.
never before have i read any comments on a forum that have made me so angry as yours are you kidding?? if its a joke its not funny
i cant say anymore cos you make me feel rather ill...

Dam, whats in those links is just not right :shout: .Something just as bad is my dad went round a customers (he sells, conservatorys, doors, windows etc) and they needed to get rid of there tank.I think it was pretty small but anyway my dad said the water was stagnant and black, they must of been negleting the tank because 'they were moving soon'.He rescued the fish took them home to me dropped thme of then went back to work, I now have them in my tanks.Very nice fish i must say, they were 3x leopard danios, 1 x sailfin plec(best colouring i have ever seen and biggest fin I have ever seen!), a plain tetra (can't remember name of my head, but it's one they usually dye a flourescent colour) and a http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?image_id=1139. Got://http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelo...ge_id=1139. Got soem nice pecies of bogwood and general decor which would probably come to about £70 new :good: (including the fish).My dad says there is still some more stuff to collect aswell :hyper:

A lot of the time its the instructions in these tanks that are to blame - people blindly follow instructions as they have faith that the info provided to them is correct.

For example, I bought two small tanks from a Walmart style Australian store cos they were cheap setups - I wanted them for bettas, one is just shy of 5 gallons and one is a 1.5 gallon hex. They are the same brand, and each were promoted as being 'ideal' for goldfish. - The picture on the box for the 1.5g hex shows SIX fancy goldfish, the 5 gallon picture showed about 10. Each came equipped with a pamphlet titled 'The Beginner's Guide to Goldfish' which I was so disgusted with I think I tore it up and threw it out. It said something on the lines of you could keep up to 10 goldfish in the tank, and instructions to clean it out ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. Needless to say that its disgusting that a petcare brand would provide this information. I should mention too that this brand had a range of "tanks" (if you could call them that) promoted as being for bettas too - they were about the size of a mug. A divided mug. Yes, the sell point was - this tank is divided, so you can keep TWO bettas happily! Ugh. :sick:

Now I keep one betta each in these tanks, and no other inhabitants, in fact, I tend to think the hex is still on the small side - I swap these fish over at water changes so they both get turns in the bigger tank. But to think of all the people out there who would put this amount of fish in a tank 'because thats what the instructions say I can do..." :angry:

just to add a positive experience to this sort of thing, saw someone advertising his oscars for sale as they'd been fighting (no really?! :rolleyes: ) anyway he recommended they be kept in a 3 foot tank so i sent him a question on ebay saying that he should amend the advert and giving him some correct info on housing these fish, he was gracious, thanked me for helping him out as he wante them to go to a godo home and changed the adverts.

so don't always assume the worst with these things, yeah some people are just after a quick buck and don't care, but just try talking to them about it you might be surprised.

A lot of the time its the instructions in these tanks that are to blame - people blindly follow instructions as they have faith that the info provided to them is correct.

For example, I bought two small tanks from a Walmart style Australian store cos they were cheap setups - I wanted them for bettas, one is just shy of 5 gallons and one is a 1.5 gallon hex. They are the same brand, and each were promoted as being 'ideal' for goldfish. - The picture on the box for the 1.5g hex shows SIX fancy goldfish, the 5 gallon picture showed about 10. Each came equipped with a pamphlet titled 'The Beginner's Guide to Goldfish' which I was so disgusted with I think I tore it up and threw it out. It said something on the lines of you could keep up to 10 goldfish in the tank, and instructions to clean it out ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. Needless to say that its disgusting that a petcare brand would provide this information. I should mention too that this brand had a range of "tanks" (if you could call them that) promoted as being for bettas too - they were about the size of a mug. A divided mug. Yes, the sell point was - this tank is divided, so you can keep TWO bettas happily! Ugh. :sick:

Now I keep one betta each in these tanks, and no other inhabitants, in fact, I tend to think the hex is still on the small side - I swap these fish over at water changes so they both get turns in the bigger tank. But to think of all the people out there who would put this amount of fish in a tank 'because thats what the instructions say I can do..." :angry:

was that big w? i was in there the other day and have noticed they have quite a large range of fish stuff in there now

Most reactions

Back