How Long Can I Keep My Kribensis In His Little Floating Tank?

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My male kribensis was attacking my new cardinals so i moved him into a little tank temporarily. It's a bit confusing cos i have a very small, plastic "hospital" tank with a lid and i basically filled it with water and it is stopped from sinking by a piece of bogwood and is stable in the water. The lid has lots of slits and holes in it and i have made sure half of the lid is underwater so fresh water and oxygen can get into the tank. Tank working as normal and he's being fed. Hope you can understand how i have set it up! I basically wana know how long he can be there, it's a mild emergency because i dnt want to keep him in there if he's gona die from stress although he seems fine yet a bit stressed (swimming round a lot)

I want to know how long i can keep him in there before i take action and put him back in there.

Thanks

First I'd add some sort of a shelter to the little tank to reduce stress, a small flowerpot or clump of java moss or the like. With that in place, if the krib is feeding, it should be okay for quite some time. However, you need to figure out an endgame. The krib will likely always attack the cardinals if they are nearby, so you're most likely going to have to put them in separate tanks or trade one species away. Good luck

Most reactions

Back