How Long Can Fish Live Without Food?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kashifmasud said:
How about LFS, try asking them if they can keep your fish for few days while you are away ? 

Do LFS do this?

Am intrigued by this, as was not aware LFS will look after your fish, is this free or do they do this for a fee?

More to the point, would you want them to? 
Water quality and overstocking at some LFS are not always the best etc etc

They do have quarantine tank/hospital tank to treat sick fishes so may be they can keep fish for few days as well. Just a thought, definitely not free though.

Update:
Jesus Christ. The hardiness of Mollies and Bettas cannot be understated. I basically left them without food for 3 weeks with a 10 day feeder block that probably spiked ammonia levels like no other, no light, dim/complete darkness. I come back, they're all alive. The water's clear and they look none the worse for wear. Though I have noticed the bettas are all about 30% smaller width wise. The Molly on the other hand seems to have actually grown.

How should I go about nursing my bettas back to their plump usual selves?

Do ALL the water changes! Just change 80% of the water for the next few days, if possible feed him some worms/live food.

DreamertK said:
Do ALL the water changes! Just change 80% of the water for the next few days, if possible feed him some worms/live food.
Why? As the OP states fish are healthy and happy?

Unless they post the water stats.
whistling.gif

Most reactions

Back