How Does Everyone Do There Water Change?

damovts

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Silly question but how does everyone do there's?

I can't do mine on my own cause every bucket i fill i gotta take out the tubing.. go to the loo and down it goes.. then i gotta come back and get it all primed up again

Plus filling i i use the shower so i gotta turn on it. fill it up. try and turn it of and so forth >< Lol

Anyone else do it on there own is mad lol

siphon into the toilet, flush, then fill back up from the tap. using a DIY filling up pipe, ( a peice of hose pipe connected to the mixer taps)

when you syphon tank and fill bucket just put tube into water again leaving the syphon in the tank,,,its so easy, i also tip my water down toilet,,refilling is bucket by bucket and trust me its a 10litre bucket...my tanks 566litre tank :lol: yes i always do it alone, wife would never help me :rolleyes:

when you syphon tank and fill bucket just put tube into water again leaving the syphon in the tank,,,its so easy, i also tip my water down toilet,,refilling is bucket by bucket and trust me its a 10litre bucket...my tanks 566litre tank :lol: yes i always do it alone, wife would never help me :rolleyes:

how cool. 566 lol.. thats alot of buckets.. lol

I've got a hose connection for my kitchen sink. I hock up a 10m lenght of garden hose to it, put one end in my tank and the run some water to prime it. I then uncouple it from the kitcehn sink and let water drain into the sink. Once 50% is gone I hock it back up to the tap and fill. Soooo easy.

I've got a hose connection for my kitchen sink. I hock up a 10m lenght of garden hose to it, put one end in my tank and the run some water to prime it. I then uncouple it from the kitcehn sink and let water drain into the sink. Once 50% is gone I hock it back up to the tap and fill. Soooo easy.

mines in my bedroom.. i have a en-suite bathroom but i wish i could do that lol

I gave up buckets long ago. What you can look into is a Python, they're similar to a waterbed fill & drain kit, with a gravel cleaner on the end.

You can also just get a garden hose, faucet adapter, and small pond pump. Gravel vac into the bucket with the pump running, and the other end wherever you plan on draining it. If you need to remove more water after vaccing just toss the pump in the tank.

To fill hook the hose to the faucet with the adapter, and run water in.

I supersized this idea some time ago, rubbermaid garbage can, and a small sump pump, 2 hoses, one in the can, one to fill. Then I got tired of the drain thing, drilled most of my tanks, plumbed them to a bin with a pump, and just fill them.

I brought a water bucket thing (the ones you collect rain water in ) washed it , switch of the filter, take the outlet out of the tank ( i ahve another filter the whole time) then put that in the rain bucket and turn it on . I have a Fluval 305 filter so doesn't take long to fill the bucket. fill the rain bucket up with water declorinate and put the output back in the tank , put the intake into the bucket and switch it back on give it 5 mins or so an the water back up in the tank.

A phython thing would be easier but theyre more expensive.

I siphon 8 buckets of water. Each bucket is poured into the laundry sink with its plug in place. Then I look at the contents to determine if there are any fry got sucked up. When I was a newby, I would find the fry and put them back into the tank straight away. Then I realized I was siphoning the same ones over and over and over again. Now I put them into a bag with tank water, floating on top. When finished, the fry are put back into the tank.

270 litre tank with Platies, Celebes Rainbows, and prolific Panda Cories.

Most reactions

Back