How Do You Name Your Bettas?

I would never rememeber all of their names so I just call any betta "cute face" or "gorgeous"--hello, gorgeous. Sometimes Fishface. They don't seem to mind.

"George" - that's the made up name I always use when I need a guys name for something.
"Barracuda" - my youngest son and his wife named him--he's actually their fish but they've moved a couple of thousand miles away to attend college and couldn't take him with them--they brought him home from WalMart when I went there to buy my second betta, "Charger", who died within a week.
"Porsche" - I've always wanted a carrera or 911
"Mustang" - wanted to stay with the car names, and I like the sound of the word
"Challenger" - my favorite car from the 70's, he's white, and the Challenger had just launched the day before we got him
"Mercedes" - car name that seemed appropriate for a female
The four sibling girls all had biblical female names at one time, but now they're just "the girls".

Lady Peaches was named so because she's peach and a little lady. And Axl Rose is named so because he's big and sexy like. . . Axl Rose. :wub: What a dreamboat!

Lemme see.

Zeus- Felt like it
Sephiroth- Was playing Kingdom Hearts
Rainbow- Sister named him
Polo- One of my first two bettas, other was Marco
Mick Jagger- Has huge gigantic lips
Jack- Sister named him
Shadow- Was a very dark color at first, had a hard time finding him
Mars- Was thinking about planets at that moment
Thunder- Was listening to "God of Thunder" by KISS
Ice- Nice cool color
Gerard- Was listening to My Chemical Romance
Princess- Couldn't think of anything to name her
Cream- When I first got her, she was a cream color
Pie- Sister named her
Blackberry- Very dark meleno color

Now I have a bunch of fry comming and three new bettas!

Hm.. :shifty:

In the order I got them.

Iscariot (male turquoise VT): I got my first betta on friday the thirteenth.
Pinkerton (male red VT): He has a blue wash, making him appear pink. Plus, I love weezer.
Soujiro (male red VT): Originally sojourner - he temporarily stayed, alone, in my sixty-gallon. Then changed it to soujiro, a character from a manga - Rurouni Kenshin. He jumped in jester's tank and got his fins torn.
Merlin (male VT, black body, red and blue fins with transparent edges): Uh.. He kinda looks magical. Hehe.
Jester (male platinum blue PK): He has a powdery white face.
Paloma (female PK, black body, red and blue fins): My best jumper, jester's significant other. Her complete name's Paloma, the suicide girl. Paloma means "dove".
Lilith (female cambo CT): Pale body with red fins make her look vampiric.
Adam (male red CT): Was planning on pairing him with Lilith. To create more vampire bettas. Hehe.
Jack (male CT, uh.. black body, first half of fins is solid red, which turns metallic blue, transparent, then black): He looked Jackish to me. Hehe.

John

Too many to name--here's my faves:

Tira: he has a little strip down his head of darker red (it means strip in portugues)
Oatsie: I call my animals Honey Bunches of Oats...he just was the cutest huney bunch of oats...
Irv: he was such a little treasure when I got him--he was so special! Irv means treasure :D
Twinkie: she may be melano but she is definately as blonde as a twinkie (no offense to blonds! ;) )
Sui, Umi, Mira: sisters and it means water in Japanese.
Earnie: my dad bought him for me and named him for Bert and Earnie (RIP Bert)

hm...I need a new Bert....

Most reactions

Back