How Do I Remove Internal Juwel Filter

it'a silicone/glue, i think you just slice down the sides with a sharp knife or something like that and unstick it from the glass :good:

it'a silicone/glue, i think you just slice down the sides with a sharp knife or something like that and unstick it from the glass :good:

Hey there! they are actually glued to the side of the tank, its quite tricky to get off but you need to get a sharp knife best thing to do is to get one of those art knives take the blade out wrap it up in tape on the end (something to grip onto) be very careful but for the middle one first as thats the strongest. Be very careful not to put any pressure on the actual glass itself but kind of slice the blade down like you would bread.

But be very careful or ull have a nice red tank sustained a few cuts from doing that!.

Good luck

I removed mine with a long kitchen knife when all my cherry shrimp insisted on setting up home in the filter. I had a cheap, thin cooks knife that was skinny enough to fit into the tiny gap between filter and glass. If you don't have one handy, you can probably pick one up cheap in a local 'everything for £1' shop. An art life, like Gadgetman suggested, would be great too - razor sharp - if it's long enough.

The filter in my Rekord 70 was attached with blobs of black silicone, one top and bottom on both the sides that touched the glass. It came off easily enough but I was left with bits of silicone that needed scraping off.

Do you need to remove it ? or could it be left in place ??

Got rid of my Ceylon Puffers because I couldnt be bothered maintaining two tanks anymore, so Im just concerntrating on my Discus tank. Going to put the External from the Puffer tank in my Discus tank so I need to remove the Juwel Filter, two externals should give it excellent water quality.

Since my Puffer tank was brackish, can the filter media from the Puffer External filter be used in my fresh water Discus tank? (obviously when washed)....or will the salt have contaminated, I guess you could say, the filter media which consists of gravel & this stuff...
6025_n_1.jpg

Most reactions

Back