How Do I Know?

dudeboy2k6

Reaction score
Hello!!

I was just wondering how do i know whether a black molly is pregnant??

They seem to be quite fat!!

Any help...

Attachments

• S4021325.JPG
    S4021325.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 52
She will get squarish.

Heres a pic of a squarish one...http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/102137molly2.JPG

if you have a male there is a high possibility she will be pregnant, its harder to tell with darker fish as there is no visual gravid spot, just look out for her getting fatter or hiding :good:

Mollies don't have a gravid spot. In general if you have bought a female molly she's pregnant!!! Regardless of whether you have a male or not. If you do not have a male she will continue to have fry every 45 - 60 days for about 8 months as female live bearers store sperm! You're about to be over run with fry! Although, stress may cause them to abort a pregnancy so you may have to wait a while. Generally speaking, if they're fat, they're pregnant!

P.S. Your quite sure you have female's, right?

P.P.S. Your tank is not big enough for the Red Tailed Black Shark either, I'd be returning or rehoming it, and what sort of plec' do you have? And your tanks look overstocked to me too, but I could be wrong.

How about this its the same fish as above.

Also theres a white thing sort off beside its mouth if you can see it could you at all tell me what it is??

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 28
i'd say that if she is she has about 2 weeks left, as for the white bit could you describe it more, is it fluffy looking has she been flicking rubbing, how long has she had it?

Most reactions

Back