How Do I Delete My Account?

why would you need to delete your account, if you dont like the forum you could just stop visiting

why would you quit in the first place? This forums awesome

Something I said?
blush.gif

Hi all,
was wondering how i can delete my account?
will this also delete my posts?

thanks

I don't think you can? Just erase all the personal info on your account and uncheck all the notifications that get sent to your email then save the changes. You could say some colourful things and get yourself banned, though it wouldn't be a very nice way to go, plus your posts remain anyway. You could go into all your old posts and edit them individually to say next to nothing, erase all the wording and leave a few dots....may take awhile!

Something I said?
blush.gif

lol, not you, this is the first post, from the OP, since jan 2010. (as far as i can find) lol, its not even me :hyper:

however the answer is NO. you can not delete ans account, nor remove you posts. doing this would cause damage to any threads the OP had taken part in. as this forum is for the help of the forums members, not for the individual, this has to be.

a mod or admin can do it, when they delete a user there is a tick box "Delete users posts along with account" which will leave the threads in working order just without your posts.

a mod or admin can do it, when they delete a user there is a tick box "Delete users posts along with account" which will leave the threads in working order just without your posts.

and if the OP had made valid comments in any threads? they would be rendered useless! which is why they are not deleted.

and if the OP had made valid comments in any threads? they would be rendered useless! which is why they are not deleted.

Oh I know, im not saying it should be done, just that it can be done.

Can the Admin/mods not change the posters name to 'Guest' once an account has been deleted, leaving the posts previously made in place? :unsure:

Can the Admin/mods not change the posters name to 'Guest' once an account has been deleted, leaving the posts previously made in place? :unsure:

my question would be why, would we need to? :no: even if we did, you cant delete the account and leave the posts up. so what would a name change achieve? from my point of view, it matters not if a poster is active, whats important is the value of advice and experience. lol, most time i dont even notice who writes a post i answer. I cant see its relevant. if something, 'left field', is posted, i do research to backup its validity. doesn't everyone do that?

Something I said?
blush.gif

lol, not you, this is the first post, from the OP, since jan 2010. (as far as i can find) lol, its not even me :hyper:

however the answer is NO. you can not delete ans account, nor remove you posts. doing this would cause damage to any threads the OP had taken part in. as this forum is for the help of the forums members, not for the individual, this has to be.

I was just kidding, of course.

I am curious about why someone would want to delete their account, however. Why not just change it so you no longer receive e-mail updates to any of your posts, then ignore it? I'd imagine there are some valuable posts in there, and deleting all your posts would do harm to our learning experiences.

accounts aren't deleted on the forum. :good:

Most reactions

Back