How Can I Remove A Juwel Internal

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
ive tried using a stanley blade, but its not doing the job and its made a small scratch :(

what else could i use to remove the silicone?

I used a wooden spatula to remove mine. It came off easily and the wood is less of a risk for scratching the glass. :good:

I used a cake slice thing, that i use to get cakes out of the tin when baking to sort of slice the silicon and then got a plastic spatchla thing to sort of prise/work loose the filter box.

then I used this scraper thing that OH has used to get paint off windows to scrape the last of the silicone off, white vinegar to clean the glass and a really really good rinse after.

I have no scratches and no marks where the box was.

patience and perseverance is the key I think.

good luck with getting yours off.

I used a pallet knife and sliced through with a cutting action. IPA seemed to get the remaining bits of silicon off the glass.

i tried this on my empty rekord, i used a thin metal spanner of about 2mm thick, and it went through th 1.8cm blobs easy, but it was empty, and it had ben filled for 18 months
do you reckon the age of the putty would make a difference?

I removed two juwel filter both by a sharp kitchen knife to get the box off. The a Stanly knife to get most of the glue off. The give it a really good clean with a scourer pad to finish it off

ive done the top half of the filter using a plastic spatular ( took about 10 mins ) i think the pressure of the water on the box might have had something to do with it.

Most reactions

Back