How can I hide my airlines?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Update.....I went ahead last night when I moved my mommies to the materity tank to run the air lines up the feed tube. It looks alright but not up to my standards, so I am going to find a smaller tube so I can keep the lines all compact in it so it doesnt show as bad

Les

Now, I'm no plant expert, but I have affection for red lilies, like the one you have. IME, they need a good substrate and HIGH light. Red plants, as a general rule, require more light and nutrients than MOST "green" plants. I have a ten gallon with 3 lily bulbs (one red tiger, but I don't know the others) and 2 babies. My bulbs have been producing good results. I have an iron rich substrate with black sand over it to keep it out of the water column. I also have 2x 20" lights with plant lights over it, to give it good, bright light. I put dupla drops and flourish in every day, according to directions, and some other fertilizer in every 2-3 days. I also have yeast powered CO2 going into the tank with a ladder diffuser. I have had a lot of good growth from my Ozelot sword, the 3 lily bulbs and several other "reddish" plants.

I just love red plants; in fact, I love red in the aquarium, period. I have 3 adult cherry red shrimp, with at least 6 babies, 10 young Cardinal tetras, 3 botia striata, and 2 khuli loaches, and WAY too many snails.

Sounds great CF. I have a 24 inch flo light and a 75 watt grow lamp set up. THe red Lillie is not doing well since I moved it to get better light. :/ Well anyway, how can I be sure that whatever fertilizer I use will not harm my fish. (Mollies, Guppies, and a pleco.)

I couldn't find where I posted this! I was completly lost there for a while. I wanted to know what came of it.

Anyways, I just got a Madagasscar Lace, and I need to put more fertalizer in the soil. I found a really good tablet form of fertalizer. It's called "Root-K" and is made by Dupla. My friend at the lfs has used it with great results. I would recommend trying this, so you don't have to change your whole substrate. (I'm not saying this will replace a good substrate, but it may just be enough for your lilly) Dupla is a great aquarium-plant business. They started the whole substrate heater idea. They also have a wide range of products for the aquarium. I use "Dupla Drops" in my tank, and it is just flourishing. Eric, my friend, suspects that "Root-K" replaced "Dupla Balls." Eric says that both have given him great results.

a good way to hide air lines is: run how many airlines you need to your ornaments. then run them on the bottom all the way to each corners. leave a few more lines for future ornaments (dont worry itl be burried in the gravel. silicone the lines up the corners. now just put your gravel in and they are all covered.

Most reactions

Back