How Can I Bring The Colours Out In My Firemouth

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
how can i get the best colours for my firemouth. for example what food to feed him/her.
also my ram what could i feed my two rams to bring the colours out on them.
thanks
here they are
Photo-0033-1.jpg

Photo-0023.jpg

the rams have no chance of suviving unless the fire mouth is full of eating all ye other fish, in ye overcrouded tank

i wouldnt really keep rams n firemouth together as firemouths get aggresive esp in small tanks 3ft n less

rams should be kept in softwater

There are coloration differences, however, depending on each fishes place of origin.

"Known as a or the "Beginner's Cichlid" for its wide tolerance to conditions, Firemouths are fine in most any source of tap/mains water. What does make a difference in their color and breeding behavior is temperature. These are tropicals that really appreciate warm water (see above). The low to mid eighties is fine for them every day, with a few degrees warmer for stimulating spawning.
As you might assume, after being in captivity for so many generations, this fish is very "plastic" about what it will accept in the way of foodstuffs, and it is. A staple diet of large flakes, pellets and sticks is fine, as long as it is augmented with occasional offerings of more meaty fare. Earthworms, bloodworms and shrimp are especially relished"

When you said you were working on your overcrowded tank, I thought you meant by reducing numbers, not adding to them lol! :blink:

Good food and good water is usually the key to getting any fish to colour up well. Plenty of variety food wise, but with a good staple cichlid pellet (Hikari Gold for example - of if they're too small for pellets, try Tetra Prima - worked for my sevs).

OMG you have all those fish in 12.5 Gallons?!?!?!?!?

have you any idea how bad that is for those fish, let alone the really poor mix of species?

The best way to improve their color is to give them back to the pet shop while you "work on your tank." :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back