How Big Is Too Big

vmsyvert

Reaction score
I read that ADFs shouldn't really have too big of tanks, because they need to go up for air, but i'm now sure of the definition of big... I have a tengallon, which should be okay, as there is gravel (BTW i need to know if sand is okay for my ten gal tank [tankmates in profile]) about 1 inch thinck on the bottom... my ADf (jerry) seems to be going 1/2 way and floating down and then goes the rest of the way up... I'm not sure if the filter is just creating too much water flow to go straight up, or if it's too high... I have a 5-15 tetra whisper power filter...

I keep 2 ADF's in a 60L 31cms high and they both have no problem going up for air. It is an internal filtered tank but does not have a very strong flow.

I think that the correct question to ask vm is How deep is the water? I've read on several sites that anything over 16 in. will be a bit of an endurance course for your froggies. So How deep is the water?

about 10 inches...
They will be fine in a 10. some of mine are in a 10 gallon that is 12 inches high and no problems. Sometimes they just exhibit silly behaviour, such as swimming halfway to the top and slowly floating back down. Mine like to do a little yoga before bed :hey:

Drew

My frog is a little funny. It took 5 minutes to catch him at the old LFS. He's a fast little bugger.

mine are sooo cute!!! i just got another one,and they have each claimed one of the decorations... Ihave two more neutral color decorations in a bright tank... They LOVE them!!!! It's so cute watching them eat too... I watch them until they are done!!!

Most reactions

Back