Homebase Ammonia Didn't Work For My Fishless Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, I bought a bottle of ammonia from Boots at the weekend, seems to be the right stuff. No foaming, and ammonia has already started dropping (with some mature media in the tank).

Of course, that doesn't guarantee that the stuff you buy from Boots will be the same, but I don't see why not.

Hope that helps!

Garry

How bizarre! I have the homebase ammonia and it doesn't foam and I only got it at the end of April.

Tried my local Boots stores, and they have all stopped stocking it recently.

Thought I would give this one a go that has been given the green light elsewhere. £1 + £3 postage. Expensive with the postage, but I'm running out of options!

http://www.healthinajiffy.co.uk/enzo-house...0ml-p-6040.html

I'll post back if that seems to be OK!

Cheers

Will.

:devil: Thats the same homebase stuff as mine. Also JEYES KLEENOFF has been used a lot in another forum i visit so i dont know whats going on with bubbles.So what can we tell people who have just started tropical fish keeping and want to do the fishless cycle and need advice on what ammonia to get? :devil:

Just confirmed with the manafacturers of the Enzo product that the Enzo Household Ammonia contains only ammonia and water. They have assured me that absolutley nothing else has been added. Phew... Should be able to start the cycling again at the weekend after a clean up!!

Cheers

Will.

I have the same bottle and i am confused i set up my QT so i brought ammonia upto 4ppm to test and it did not drop at all i thought it was my filter was not cycled but after reading this i am not sure. My bottle dos not bubble WEIRD

Will,

The ammonia that you brought isn't that expensive as the Robert Dyas Kilrock brand I got was £3.09.

Best of luck with your cycle.

Ian.

hmm I have the homebase ammo and I've just shook it, mine bubbles too, yet I cycled my main tank with it, and have just started on my puffer tank

I am doing a fishless cycle (day 46 !!!) using homebase ammonia, actually started on my second bottle yesterday. It bubbles slightly when shaken vigorously, but it is only air bubbles which disappear instantly. My cycle is going ok just waiting Patiently !! for nitrites to process in 12hrs. This part seems to be taking forever,Been processing nitrites in 24hrs for 10days now!

Oh dear,
I did my first and only :S fishless cycle using Homebase ammonia and it worked fine, so sorry that you must have had a rogue bottle -_-
Cheers

I am doing a fishless cycle (day 46 !!!) using homebase ammonia, actually started on my second bottle yesterday. It bubbles slightly when shaken vigorously, but it is only air bubbles which disappear instantly. My cycle is going ok just waiting Patiently !! for nitrites to process in 12hrs. This part seems to be taking forever,Been processing nitrites in 24hrs for 10days now!
:devil: How big is your tank thats a lot of ammonia you are going through. :devil:

Just to say that I've finally received my Enzo ammonia, and I can confirm that there is absolutley no foaming. I've made a 100% water change and rinsed everything in my tank and added the ammonia. I'll let everyone know if I have success with this ammonia in contrast to the Homebase stuff!

Cheers

Will.

Just to say that I've finally received my Enzo ammonia, and I can confirm that there is absolutley no foaming. I've made a 100% water change and rinsed everything in my tank and added the ammonia. I'll let everyone know if I have success with this ammonia in contrast to the Homebase stuff!
Thats good news Will. My cycle is now at the stage of processing 4ppm ammonnia in 12 hours, but my nitrites are still off the scale of the test kit.

Cheers Ian. Please keep me updated on your progress.

hmm I have the homebase ammo and I've just shook it, mine bubbles too, yet I cycled my main tank with it, and have just started on my puffer tank

Can I ask if your bottle bubbles in the same way that is demonstrated on the first page of this thread? RE: Foaming...

Cheers

Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back