Home Made Tank Dividers

BethK

Rattie tat tat
Reaction score
Hi All

I thought I would come here to see if any of you have any tips or advice, when it comes to making tank dividers for your Bettas.

I want to make my own but not sure where to start, I would like a netting divider.

Would anyone have any info on how to go about making one?

Thanks
x

the way many people do it is to use crafting mesh from hobby craft cut it to size and the use slide binders from a stationers to secure it in place, that way the filter can pass though freely to teh other areas of the tank as can the heater, the mesh is sturdy enough to stand up and flimsy enough to bu cut and shaped

slide bindersyou can get em in different colours

i cant find anything on hobbyrafts website but you can find them near the wool

heres my divided tank
sfdw9e.jpg

you can see teh mesh betttr on this pic
11ieo91.jpg

and from above, you can just about see where teh slide binders are, the gravel keeps em secure and i ust added a little cellotape to stop em wobbling, but you can use sealant but only if you're gonna keep it like that!
2i7lstk.jpg

not so sure but here is an idea, if using glass wash it, get some water seal, you need another person. what you probly need to do is one person holds the glass the other seals it, this might be the best option just to use glass and water seal. put tiny holes in the glass to allow water flow, before you put the glass in but i mean tiny, size of a pea. Remember to water seal all the way around and make sure it is not toxic to fish. this might be your best option

Luke

the way many people do it is to use crafting mesh from hobby craft cut it to size and the use slide binders from a stationers to secure it in place, that way the filter can pass though freely to teh other areas of the tank as can the heater, the mesh is sturdy enough to stand up and flimsy enough to bu cut and shaped

slide bindersyou can get em in different colours

i cant find anything on hobbyrafts website but you can find them near the wool

heres my divided tank
sfdw9e.jpg

you can see teh mesh betttr on this pic
11ieo91.jpg

and from above, you can just about see where teh slide binders are, the gravel keeps em secure and i ust added a little cellotape to stop em wobbling, but you can use sealant but only if you're gonna keep it like that!
2i7lstk.jpg

I think beth means from scracth. i forgot to mension make sure the seal can hold the wait, but try not to nock the glass when installed otherwise it might tilt

Great post Mewmew, I was looking for something along the lines of those binders :)

Thanks for that, I'll be popping down hobby craft in Reading this week :good:

Just to clarify; all you need is the mesh, binders and a bit of tape?

Most reactions

Back