Home Made Python.

Haha......well done mate.......one python on its way :D

And thats what the DIY section is all about.

Cheers Nic........... :)

to be fair you can get pythons at £25 so you are not paying over the odds for them!......if i can make it for £25 or buy it.........i'm buyin it!

That is true. The reason I decided to make mine was as I couldn't find anywhere local that sold it. There is online, but then I have to pay P & P and the price goes up. And I had a Saturday afternoon to fill, a kitchen to flood and a B & Q to visit.

Plus, I think the £25 Python has a 25m hose? For my £25 I had 50m - which admittadly is more than most people would need, but I am sure there is some use for a lot of left over hose...... :huh:

Does yours actually suck the water out??
The python allows you to empty your tank from a higher point as it actually sucked teh water out of the tank.

I tried and afiled to get a Y or T arangement to do this, so I bought one.

Although DIY is always better - even if it costs more :D You get to say 'I made this' :crazy:

I would pay £50 just to avoid a B&Q on a saturday!

Took a trip to b&q today to give this a go. Been meaning to for a while. Didn't need mine to suck because my syphon could drain into my shower base. I still used a y piece so i could mix hot and cold water back to my tank. Very pleased with the results glad i took a look at this thread now. On another good note while my tank was filling back up i got to watch one of my africans spit its fry never seen it before. Was great watching all the fry swim in the currant, then realise there were bigger fish in the tank and dart for the cover of the rocks. :lol:

awesome :thumbs:
im going to try it myself when i get free time :nod:

Thanks

DD

/me suddenly gets the jokes, and now things they are quite funny... Though they seemed funny even when she didn't get them

One thing i still don't understand about the whole thing is how do you put the declorinator in?

You can't put it in after the water's gone into the tank coz by that time it's already damaged the fish surely?

Just put it in at the same time as the water is going in. Obvious try to avoid squirting it directly into a fish's face, but putting it in just as they water is about to go in will do the trick :nod:

Ahh thank you! Now i shall make one :thumbs:

Is it possible that when emptying the tank if you attached another section of hose to the y section, rather than pouring the water down the sink you could water the garden?

I really can't see why not !

Good luck ! :)

Most reactions

Back