Holy Crap!

i have 2 females i know the diffrence.dont belive the petstores they have poop for brains (most the time not all)

WOW, Titan really does look like Yasmine! His name is now Midnight LOL I just cant believe this. Its crazy!

"poop for brains" haha, that made me laugh. Although, actually, when the people around my lfs don't know something, at least they say that and don't pretend they do. And, I can't really blame someone for openning a box full of bettas and going through to separate male and female by tail appearance only.

Get Midnight his own tank, even if you have to keep him in a koolaid pitcher for a few days first. He'll be happier, and so will your females. All of mine recovered very well from living in a community with a male, even those who almost lost their tails.

Wow, I never had somebody have a problem that was the EXACT same thing that happened to me! Weird.

Keep the girls in clean water. Watch for fungus, it looks for opportunistic ways to get at the fish, and injuries are the best...white fuzzy stuff is a very bad thing.

Lifebear - At least I know it has happened to someone else! Not that its good that it happened but ya know :rofl:
I have added salt to my female tank and I checked each one and they all are females lol I dont want anymore mishaps like today. Im just glad I caught it when I did.
The thing about that fish store I got Midnight from is that if I remember correctly the bettas that were labelled as 'females' all prety much looked like Midnight... I have a feeling other people are going to be getting some surprises... :/ Not good but what can you do right? I sweare if I were to call and tell them they would deny it.... :crazy:
:sly:

Most reactions

Back