Hobbies? Interests?

I collect mostly baseball and some football cards and some autographs from these 2 sports as well. I use to visit my sportscard sites multiple times a day but since I got back into maintaining fish tanks, I've found myself looking at multiple fish sites more often.

Reading, crafts, swimming, prison ball, Nerf wars, writing, cooking, drawing, cello playing, cat and dog care, and watching star trek. Oh, and I play Yu-gi-oh, and Pokemon.

Neomeris

Reading, gardening, nature walks, making beer and wine, cross country skiing,(which I'll be able to do in a couple of months, yay!) and watching movies(I like weird, obscure movies that leave you with a real creeped out feeling lol).

I make wine too!
Plus all the usuals; reading, of course, knitting, crochet, drawing and painting, making stuff for my doll's house (when I get time; had it a year and it's still bare; end up giving most things to my mum for Mother's day/birthday, lol!), walking the dog.

I enjoy gardening, DIY, Gaelic football (which I don't play anymore due to a back injury :angry: ) walking the dogs, music, motorcross, I enjoy reading, especially Irish history.
I enjoy driving the car as I am no longer "allowed" to ride my motorbike since being in a crash.
Who doesn't like holidays though? Warm holidays, not holiday parks though.

Being a fish keeper and studying at college I don't really get much time to do these things though.

I make wine too!
Plus all the usuals; reading, of course, knitting, crochet, drawing and painting, making stuff for my doll's house (when I get time; had it a year and it's still bare; end up giving most things to my mum for Mother's day/birthday, lol!), walking the dog.
What types of wine do you make? ATM I make crabapple wine(from our back yard tree), Shiraz Grenache and a white blend called Pacific Quartet. I"m looking forward to trying the Pacific Quartet as it's a combination of Gewurtztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Muscat and Vidal grapes. 2 years ago I also started a chocolate orange port :drool: and it will be ready for drinking by Christmas.

Wow Caprichoso and fluttermoth you guys are amazing :eek:

The only person who I knew made wine was my grandma. She used to make rice and fruit wine illegally under her bed haha.

My hobby and interest is travelling and I like that very much when ever I am free I go out.

I make wine too!
What types of wine do you make? ATM I make crabapple wine(from our back yard tree), Shiraz Grenache and a white blend called Pacific Quartet. I"m looking forward to trying the Pacific Quartet as it's a combination of Gewurtztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Muscat and Vidal grapes. 2 years ago I also started a chocolate orange port :drool: and it will be ready for drinking by Christmas.
Atm, I've got 5 gallons of elderflower, 2 gallons of apple from the windfalls in my gran's back garden and a gallon each of cranberry/raspberry and pineapple (made the cheats way, with a litre of fruit juice and a bag and a half of sugar :) ) And there's four bottles of red grape that's drinkable :hyper: we had couple at the weekend with our meals; it's come out a bit dry for my taste though.

I love the sound of the chocolate port! Sloe gin and apricot brandy are our Christmas tipples :)

Wow Caprichoso and fluttermoth you guys are amazing :eek:

The only person who I knew made wine was my grandma. She used to make rice and fruit wine illegally under her bed haha.

LOL, awesome!

I make wine too!
Atm, I've got 5 gallons of elderflower, 2 gallons of apple from the windfalls in my gran's back garden and a gallon each of cranberry/raspberry and pineapple (made the cheats way, with a litre of fruit juice and a bag and a half of sugar :) ) And there's four bottles of red grape that's drinkable :hyper: we had couple at the weekend with our meals; it's come out a bit dry for my taste though.

I love the sound of the chocolate port! Sloe gin and apricot brandy are our Christmas tipples :)

Pineapple wine! That would be amazing, I should give it a go :good: I love apricot brandy but I haven't had it in years and I've heard of elderflower wine but I've never tried it, sounds great:)

Actually, how do you guys make your wines? Do you just put the fruit in a jar wit sugar and let it ferment or is there some special process ?

There are two main methods of wine making; cut up your fruit or veg and cook it, drain off the juice, add sugar and wine yeast and pour into your demi john. Add an air lock to stop dust and vinegar flies getting in and ferment out (until the air lock stops bubbling). Some fruit, like apples, produce pectin, which makes your wine cloudy if you cook them, so those things you just crush and frement the pulp with water and sugar for a week or two in a bucket, and then drain off into the demi john.

Or you can do the 'cheats' way and use a litre carton of fruit juice from the supermarket, make up to a gallon with water that's had 2 or 3 pounds of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it) dissolved in it and ferment in the demi john.

Watching TV (The Wire, Doctor Who, Comedy Panel Shows, Old Movies), Riding my bike (Although that hasn't been done in a long time, Binge drinking (Although this hasn't been done in a while too). And Fishing. And Listening to Music, I love music.

Most reactions

Back