Hmpk X Hm?

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
Now that I look at my girlies they look more like HMPK's than HM's.. Poseidone is definately a HM though. But will breeding a HMPK and a HM create odd offspring? It seems that if one was 100% and the other was 50% I would either get HMPK's or HM's? I sure hope it's okay, because I sure can't get another fish. :blink:

its pretty hard to tell a hmpk female to a hm as they have the same spread. so i would say your femaIS hm as she s a sibling to your hm male :)

its pretty hard to tell a hmpk female to a hm as they have the same spread. so i would say your femaIS hm as she s a sibling to your hm male :)

I don't know if they are neccassarily sibs, seems though as they both have similar coloring... but the dorsal spread is shorter. I suppose chances are that all four were from the same spawn so that's good.. she's definately not a crowntail or a veiltail so that rules out all negative possabilities, leaves me with plakat, hmpk & halfmoon.

i still go for HM if you can get us a clear picture of the base and her full tail we can help better

Not the exact girl, her spawn sister, but same finnage:
pics076yz1.jpg

pics080ts5.jpg

Yah, she definitely looks like a long-finned betta. Even if she was HMPK, though, you'd still get long-finned HMs with shorter, "crisper" finnage.

I think its a bit of a deformed (no offence) F2, F3 fish that has longer fins than her sibings etc ;) just my opinions :)

Bret

Will the deformity affect fry?

What do you mean, wishyfishy? I learned that in third grade. :huh:

What do you mean, wishyfishy? I learned that in third grade.

No comment!!

Yah, she definitely looks like a long-finned betta. Even if she was HMPK, though, you'd still get long-finned HMs with shorter, "crisper" finnage.

Really? I thought PK x Whatever long fin = Longfin pk geno that look veilish then you'd get PKs for f2. But I guess its different for HMPKs? Anyways, looks like a HM to me

Really? I thought PK x Whatever long fin = Longfin pk geno that look veilish then you'd get PKs for f2. But I guess its different for HMPKs? Anyways, looks like a HM to me
Yup, it's different for HMPKs. If you breed a HM to a HMPK, you'll get HMs, but if you breed a HM to a traditional PK you'll get VTs. :)

Most reactions

Back