Hi Need Help Desperatly.

Ginge

Betta Extermination Team!!!
Reaction score
Hi ive just came home and i found 3 out of 15 dead harlequin rosoboras in my tank they are almost rotton and now 2 others have rotton mouths any ideas what sould i do.

Tank:55g
Other fish:4Angels, 1RTBS
Water stats:
Ammonia=0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=10
PH=7

Just checed and another 2 are dead im now down to 10. The other fish are all fine and happy.

could be fungus again on the fin take all of the sick fish out into another tank and treat them with tonic salt and a good medicine from your lfs that can cure fungus but if oyu do not have anohter tank were you can treat the whole tank

Ive done a small waterchange and i will observe for a couple more hours to see of weakaning conditions in any fish.
The only other tanks i have is a fry tank containing 15 1.5" african cichlids so that would mean cirtuin death for the harlequins.

If any fish look really bad i will kill them(forgot the posh word) dont worry ill do it humainly.

Bless them not good, never seen a fish make it yet with a rotting mouth but the best of luck anyway.

Thanks i wish i was but i do try.

Sorry to hear about your problems Ginge. I can't advise as it's not something I've personally come across or dealt with. But you are right:

No trust me you do more than try you sucseed.

Wilder is almost always the first person to respond in an emergency. Without her in the this section, would be a bigger emergency ! :lol: Well done Wilder for always trying to help others in this section :good:

Thanks bloo and ginge, nice to know that you are appreciated, lol.

Wilder is almost always the first person to respond in an emergency. Without her in the this section, would be a bigger emergency ! :lol: Well done Wilder for always trying to help others in this section :good:

:lol: :lol:

Wilder was banned from one of the forums I go on as she prescribed melafix for every problem anyone had in a tank even when it was totally usless :no:

The reason most people don't post in emergencies a lot is because if the are not sure and suggest something that doesnt work, they will feel guilty for getting it wrong, although in this case, I have to admit, I think shes right this time

And not just this time either...

Wilder has helped plenty of people out, advising on many more issues than just using melafix. I don't know what kind of advice Wilder may have given on another forum, but I can assure you that she's very much appreciated on this one.

Sorry to hear about your rasbo's Ginge, such a shame as they are beautiful fish.

What's the update on their progress?

Paul.

Take no notice i hardly ever procribe melafix so don't no where he got that from all it good for it cuts and wounds and known that for a long time, he thinks columnaris is rare and there a few on here from the old site will back me up, he a stirrer and has always been, he said in one of my post that columnaris was rare and a fungus wasnt; says how much he know and still does.
Don't need your approval fox go back to your other site, lol.

Keep creeping to the mods , and you need to get some members over there is not doing well, this site is, lol. As for being banned they ban every one on that site it well known for it.

Sorry ginge he just annoys me. lol.

Most reactions

Back