Hi Everyone

tessr

Reaction score
hi :rolleyes:

I'm new and just thought i'd say hi i've been keeping fish for a year and a half now, i've got 6 serpia tetras, 5 danios, 6 female guppies and 2 male guppies, a couple of neon tetras and a algae eater which is quite big now :rolleyes: and a goldfish which belongs to my 3 children in a seperate tank which we have had for 2 years now! :rolleyes:

I look forward to making some new freinds here as everyone seems really freindly

:hi: to the forum.

have you had any babies from the guppies? i warn you once they start if they haven't already then they won't stop :lol:

thanks for the welcome no i've not had any babies yet i've only had the 1 male till this week (and i've had him about a mounth) think i've got a couple of pregnant females but nothings happened yet! so not sure if they are or not i'll try and post a picture and see if you think she is or not

not sure if you can tell they're not very clear i'll try and get a better one

welcome!!
Just warning you, goldfish need a 20 gallon tank... sorry for sounding like you don't know anything, but I know how a lot of people think they live in bowls while they actually can't :(

Thanks for the welcomes :rolleyes:

Yeah we have the goldfish in a 30 litre tank with lots of space for swimming, the children love looking after it, it's on his own in the tank along side my tropical tank. It's good to tell people they need plenty of space :rolleyes: as there are so many small goldfish tanks around which are too small! we made that mistake at first by buying a starter set and the goldfish out grew it in 3 mounths

thanks again

Welcome to the Forum, just to let u know, the female in th efirst pic looks like she is about to pop. When they start to look like a box is a good indicator.

Isn't 30 liters about 10 gallons? :/
Goldfish get stundted easily if in small tanks, they really need a bigger tank... sorry for nagging :look:

ohh sorry i was told that the tank we have for the goldfish was big enough! so will have to look for a bigger tank now thanks for pointing it out!! and thanks for the advice with the guppy my daughter will be happy as she loves watching them! i wasn't sure if she was, does anyone know how long till she gives birth and do i need to get a seperate tank for the fry? i have been told that i should leave them and her in the main tank as a few will servive and i won't then be over run but since then i've read so many different things i'm wondering what i should do! :rolleyes: I do want to keep a few and some will go to my sister for her tank.

Most reactions

Back