Hey y'all

ltlbirdie

Reaction score
I don't have much in the way of aquariums, just 2 little 10 gallons and my daughters (9 and 6) have an itty-bitty 2 gallon. One of the 10's is empty--soon to have guppies in it. The other one, believe it or not, contains a giant danio, a red fin shark, and (hanging head in shame) a Columbian shark. My wonderful hubby wanted sharks, and got them from wal-mart. I know, not the best place to get fish, but the one here is about as good as most of the pet stores in my area. The lady that takes care of the fish there really does love fish. But--boy, do they have their info screwed up! According to the labels on the tanks, redfins grow to about 4 inches long and Columbians to 6 inches. :lol: (I thought that would be ok since I was already planning to get a 55gal in the next month or 2). I have since found out how big they REALLY get and am planning to get a MUCH bigger aquarium!

The kids' little tank has 3 little fish in it. I have no idea what kind, my 9-year-old caught them last summer. That's actually why I'm here--have to go start annoying people with weird questions and see if anybody has a clue as to what they are.

welcome to the forum. post any and all questions and everyone here is more than willing to answer. if you need to have a fish id'd, post a pic in the member's tank section and maybe someone can help you to figure out what it is.

maggie

Thanks Maggie! From what I've seen so far, there are many knowledgeable people here and I hope to learn a lot!

I will get pics of the fish (or try to) if necessary. I'm on a stupid webtv so it'll take some work but I'll do it if it'll help me find out what the heck these things are! I already posted my question in another forum here.

Welcome to the site, ltlbirdie,

Glad to have you here. Looking forward to seeing the pics once you get them posted.

Kick back and enjoy your time here.

CM

Welcome to the board ltlbirdie, look forward to the piccies! ;) B)

Hello,
Don't feel bad, my local store failed to tell me how large black sharks and common plecos can get,
I'll give you some advice if needed. welcome to the forum.

DPS. B)

Hey mollymomma & cherry!

I think alot of people get plecos not knowing or realizing how big they actually get. I remember when I was a kid we had a 10gal tank with a pleco (about 8 in. long) and 2 gouramis (about 4 in. each). :eek: Andthen there was my 1st and 2nd attempts at fishkeeping--I didn't know I had to have a heater! 1st time I got painted glass fish (grrrr--nobody ever told me how they get their color back then), 2nd time I had neon & black skirted tetras-- of the neons actually survived, and just died recently when my heater died!

Most reactions

Back