Helpp!

If you are using a simple kitchen sieve, you are probably crowding your fry pretty badly. A larger enclosure like a colander might work out fine though. Even a mere 6 fry will need some swimming room to truly thrive. I try to use a minimum of a 5 gallon, 18 litre, tank as a grow out setting for even the smallest of my fry. For mollies, that space would start to be too small after only about a month.
Caring for fry also means lots of water changes to remove any uneaten food, even the bits too small to see easily.

I've taken my fry out of the sieve and have put them in the tank with the rest of them they seem to be fine so far and hanging around near the filter I'd let them out this morning and the aldults haven't even bothered them but we'll see what happens in the morning.

The mollies are not likely to bother them much. A neon is probably too small to bother a molly fry. The pleco is quite another story but if the fry keep moving they should be safe with it.

At the moment the neon seems to be bothering the fry more than the others :S which is probably abit weird and the pleco seems to be ignoring them. My spotted fry likes to hang around one of my plants wile the other one likes to rome around the tank freely.

Most reactions

Back