Helphelphelp!

NitrAte .5
NitrIte 1.5
Hardness a bit above 75
Alkalinity 80
PH above 8.4

I used strips.

About the PH, the redness of the strip was more intense than the higest they had on the chart (8.4).
:crazy:

Sorry I took long!
He's feeling kind-of wishy-washy.
He's active and not so active.
I'm doing another water change today and his bloating went down.

Note: He's going into the 10-gallon in a few days. I got the sealant.

Oh, and I added aquarium salt to the water.
He looks better.

Juuuust changed water again for the second time today.

Nitraaaaate is 0.
Nitriiiiiiite is 1.
Everythink else is pretty much the same, 'cept PH which seemed a bit lower

if he is bloated you should be using EPSOM salt and not aquarium salt. will help draw fluid out of the tissues and help with constipation (if that is the cause of his bloating ). can cheaply buy them at any store that sells over the counter medicines. the ingredients are magnesium sulfate. dose at 1 tsp/5 gal if adding to the tank or 1 tsp/gal if using as a bath(in a separate container than the tank. keep him in the bath for up to 30 mins 2X a day...do a nice water change in the tank while he is in his bath-but only needs to be done once a day.)
glad to hea he is going into a larger tank. with a 10 gal, once he is "feeling better" you can have a nice community :)
best of luck
cheers

if he is bloated you should be using EPSOM salt and not aquarium salt. will help draw fluid out of the tissues and help with constipation (if that is the cause of his bloating ). can cheaply buy them at any store that sells over the counter medicines. the ingredients are magnesium sulfate. dose at 1 tsp/5 gal if adding to the tank or 1 tsp/gal if using as a bath(in a separate container than the tank. keep him in the bath for up to 30 mins 2X a day...do a nice water change in the tank while he is in his bath-but only needs to be done once a day.)
glad to hea he is going into a larger tank. with a 10 gal, once he is "feeling better" you can have a nice community :)
best of luck
cheers

I have this API salt from...
Uhm, Walmart.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754001
I was already on the Petsmart site, so here's the same product I got from Walmart.
I'll look into Epsom salt, then. Boy, do I need a job.
How do I transfer a fish from one aquarium into another without stressing them much?
Transfer all of the water?
I'd have to use the same filter and gravel. :unsure:
I have 5 pounds of gravel in the 5-gallon. Would 5 pounds of gravel in the 10 do any good?
I read on another site I could use glass marbles from Family Dollar (they're ugly, though).

How do I get the sealant smell out of my apartment?
Move the tank to the front door?
I feel dizzy.

EDIT:

I moved the sealed tank outside.
I feel less dizzy and passy-outy now.
Still a bit dizzy.
I never knew you could get such a high from that stuff!

Should I close the windows and turn on the ac?

Nitrate is 0.
Nitriiiiiiiite is still 1 after water change
Hardness is still a bit above 75
Alkalinity is lower 40
ph is lower. About 8

What did you actually do to get a smell of sealant? Wait does Sealant smell?

You can be very minimalistic and not use gravel at all, though I wouldn't recommend it. It could well help prevent biomatter avoiding the vacuum.

Yes, the sealant smelled. Bad and sickening.
The bottle eventually bursted. :unsure:
I got the smell out.
Thank goodness. I felt like I needed to go to the hospital.
It's worse than bleach.

He's acting normal in the 10-gallon now.

Why did you have a bottle of sealant in the first place? Where you trying to seal the tank with the fish in or something lol. So confused!

I had two tanks. They were a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon. Salmon was in the 5 gallon since that one wasn't leaking. The 10 gallon was the one that was leaking. I thought the 5 gallon was too small for him and sealed the 10 gallon. While sealing it, the sealant bottle burst open and made the house smell, but I still managed. Now he's in the sealed 10 gallon. Dun dun DAAAAHHH.

After I put him in, my nitrates and nitrites were zero. He's better now.
I didnt have a gravel vaccum, so I washed out the gravel from the 5 gallon and put it in the ten.
I think that is what was causing my issues. In conclusion, I must buy a gravel vac or figure how to make one. :fun:

Most reactions

Back