HELP!

Well as it’s lockdown not immediately... I got my water tested at fish alive just before lockdown and they said it was fine?
They might not be accurate. I'm assuminng you are in UK, Pets at Home are still working and they might be able to sell you some ammonia test strips and test strips for nitrate nitrite, KH, GH and pH.

They might not be accurate. I'm assuminng you are in UK, Pets at Home are still working and they might be able to sell you some ammonia test strips and test strips for nitrate nitrite, KH, GH and pH.
Yeah, do you think it could be a pregnant female?

Pregnant female?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 91
Are you inquiring that the problem here may be Ammonia poisonings? It is possible, if they are gasping.
Yes that or possible someone forgot to treat their water and it is chlorine poisoning. One month is quick for a normal cycle unless op used Tetra safestart plus to jump start his tank of silent cycled it.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep the salt in the tank for 2 weeks then do a 20% water change (without salt), each day for a week.

When you do the 75% daily water changes, add salt to the new water before adding the water to the tank. This will keep the salinity (salt level) in the tank stable.

Monitor the other fish and see if another male is bullying this one.

Most reactions

Back