Help

stoka1234

Reaction score
yesterday i borough 2 blue European rams and my Betta will not stop attacking then so i have separated him into a breading trap to stop him attacking them i have have the Betta for about 3 weeks and he was fine befor i put them in at the start they where fine i feed them (flake food) after they all ate fine but when the food had all gone he would not stop follwing them puffing up they are not affected by him until he nips they is there any why i can stop him attacking them. i also have about 8 neon tetras 4 guppies 1 large black tetra 2 medium albino plecys and 2 small clown loach he was fine until i put them in

I'm afraid there's not much you can do, once a fish, especially a fighter, has taken a dislike to another fish, apart from split them up permanently.

How big is your tank? You do seem to have a lot of potentially very large fish in there.

my tank is 95 liter all this fish a small and they where fine before the two rams where put in

The rams also need different temps than the other fish, they like at around 30C

mine is at about 26 27 and they are looking fine these fish are one of my favorite fish i have had about 6 in my old tank and a fighter and they have been fine

They may look fine now but trust me these fish live loger and act better at a higher temp.

They are one of my faves too, such amazing colors!

I once tried blue rams with a fighter and my fighter started bulling the rams until the male ram settled in and attacked the fighter back and trust me the ram will kill your fighter fairly fast in 10 seconds of the fight as i was finding my net the fighter was on the ropes and i needed to put him in my smaller tank and he had alot of damage he survived tho and enjoys the 6gal he has now

Fighters i believe are good cummunity fish but just not with rams

i brought these fish because i have had them before with a fighter and they are one of my fav i do not want to keep him in breading trap what can i do

I moved my fighter to a small tank u could do that if you have a spare one some people say put more plants in to block line of sight to reduce aggression but i have a heavy planted tank and it didnt work someone with more experance tho maybe able to help more then me

You will need to upgrade your tank with the clowns in there as they get big

i did have but it started to leak so i got rid of it thanks but mine has a lot of plants but he just follows them all puffed up and occasionally nips them they do not seem to be bothered but i through putting in the trap might help but it dose not

Not really much you can do really other then rehoming the fighter or taking back the rams or buy 5g tank for the fighter:s

Most reactions

Back