Help!

bangerdemon

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

If this is in the wrong section, please let me know.

I need some help.

I am trying to set up a 4foot x 3 foot x 18 inch tank, but it appears to need resealing.

I had a go, thought I had it done, but had to rush to get over 400 litres of water out of it while it was in my front room today.

Is there anybody in or near Plymouth that would be able to reseal it for me at a reasonable cost?

Or does anybody know of anyone in the Plymouth area that would do it for me?

pict00012.jpg

Alan

Either a LFS or a local glazing firm? There is a thread in the DIY section regarding resealing tank seams, have you had a read of it? Maybe something in there that could be of use.

Also, thats a great sized/shape tank! :)

Either a LFS or a local glazing firm? There is a thread in the DIY section regarding resealing tank seams, have you had a read of it? Maybe something in there that could be of use.

Also, thats a great sized/shape tank! :)
I have asked at a couple of LFS, and followed the instructions to the best of my ability (bad back). The hardest part seemed to be getting the old sealer off. Not very comfortable when on a stepladder leaning in to try and reach the bottom. I used 5 of the "Gold Label One Shot" cans to do the whole bottom, but couldn't have done it right.

The tank is going to look great when it is done. I intend to do it as a marine tank.

Alan

Most reactions

Back