Help

allmyfishies

Reaction score
My Female Betta has got some kinda belly blot and i dont know what to do. I bought Betta revive and Tryed the green peas. and she looks like she going to explode soon.

My Female Betta has got some kinda belly blot and i dont know what to do. I bought Betta revive and Tryed the green peas. and she looks like she going to explode soon.

If she's been fed high protein food and she's healthy, it's likely that she could be full of eggs. She'll look huge in the belly area.

That is pretty bloated :crazy: Not that easy to tell from the picture though.

Whats her normal feeding schedule?

Is she in an unfiltered, unheated bowl? If so, whats the temperature and how often do you change the water?

I feed her about 3 times aday and i change her water every three days she in a fish bowl right know im trying to get her a filter tank.

I would give her a small piece of cooked pea which helps with their digestion. Just get a frozen pea and pour boiling water on it. Leave for a couple of minutes then take the shell off and pinch a small piece of the pea off and feed to her. Then starve her for 48hrs. When you start feeding again I would just give her a couple of pellets once a day and see if it makes any difference as she doesn look extremely bloated.

It would help to know what temp the water is?

How long has she been bloated?

I would hazard a guess, with the limited information, that its either "Bloat" or "Internal Infection". If its internal infection then it could lead to Dropsy which is not good :no: Look straight down on her, do the scales look like they are sticking out?

You need to get the temp to about 80 degrees and keep the water really clean. Try not to stress her too much during water changes though.
You could add aquarium salt at a dosage of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, however as its only a little bowl i would just add half a tablespoon. Dissolve it in some dechlorinated water before adding it. If you do any 100% water changes then add the salt again, but if you do a partial change of 50% just add a quarter of a tablespoon otherwise you will OD on salt.

If the higher temp, aquarium salt, starving and trying a pinch of pea doesn't help, then you may need to treat for an Internal Infection.

If it is dropsy you will need to move quick as once the scales start "Pine coning" its pretty much game over :(

It would help to know what temp the water is?

How long has she been bloated?

I would hazard a guess, with the limited information, that its either "Bloat" or "Internal Infection". If its internal infection then it could lead to Dropsy which is not good :no: Look straight down on her, do the scales look like they are sticking out?

You need to get the temp to about 80 degrees and keep the water really clean. Try not to stress her too much during water changes though.
You could add aquarium salt at a dosage of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, however as its only a little bowl i would just add half a tablespoon. Dissolve it in some dechlorinated water before adding it. If you do any 100% water changes then add the salt again, but if you do a partial change of 50% just add a quarter of a tablespoon otherwise you will OD on salt.

If the higher temp, aquarium salt, starving and trying a pinch of pea doesn't help, then you may need to treat for an Internal Infection.

If it is dropsy you will need to move quick as once the scales start "Pine coning" its pretty much game over :(

what should i buy for an internal infection. should I use the aquarium salt for the dropsy. she been bloted for a while a few weeks i think

Most reactions

Back