Help!

:no: I'm sorry to hear that your cat is suffering because of your mother's callous attitude towards pet care. You should inform her that not taking a potentially sick or wounded animal to the vet is considered animal cruelty and is an arrestable offense in most countries, particularly if the condition is something the owners have been aware of for any length of time.
I would be concerned about such a degree of bruising in an outdoor cat simply because of the various and severe causes it could have. Traumatic injury is the most likely, but remember that many poisons cause hemmoraging, and some communicable feline diseases also may cause bruising or hemmorage. Is the cat vaccinated, and do you know of any neighbors who put poison out for rats and other vermin? If the cat is unvaccinated, or if you are aware of poison being used nearby, please urge your mother to take the cat to the vet promptly as the brusing could have a more serious cause than a HBC or attack from another animal. Either way, however, he should be seen by a vet, as such a noticable degree of brusing could be the tip of the iceburg; muscle, bone, and vessel could have also been damaged in the process.
Good luck convincing your mother. :/

:(

According to your profile, you're 11 years old, I'm sure they won't turn you away with an injured animal and your pocket money in your hand. Take him and offer to pay weekly, they'll treat him or do what they have to,

We're bringing him to the vet on Saturday. :)
The pain might have started again. We already made an appointment for his check-up. I hope it goes ok. The cat isn't veccinated. We were going to get him vaccinated but I'm not sure if it's a lot of money so my mom said no. Nobody uses poisons around here, and he hasn't gone outside since a couple of weeks ago. I hope they get to do tests or something to see if he is sick or has a disease.

it's always rough when your parents don't agree that pets deserve to have a lot of $$ spent on them :/ you just hang in there and i hope your cat gets better. :good:

i just have one question: is your cat fixed? if you have an outdoor cat, the most important thing to do is get it spayed or neutered. the second most important thing is to have him vaccinated. if your cat isn't fixed, then you should get that done right away. ask the vet how much it would cost and if its too expensive, ask if there was any way that you could get a discount. don't forget to look like a very sad 12 year-old pet lover :lol: adults are suckers for kids and animals.

The appointment was moved to Monday because my dad and grandpa are the only ones who can drive and they are going to work.
I wish we could neuter him but my brother says it's cruel and it'll hurt him and he's older than me so I have to listen to him because I'm not a good pet owner and nothing's gonna happen to him and if he's gonna have kittens it doesn't matter, ect.
*sighs* I can't wait until I can have a pet of my own so I can neuter him and get him vaccinated. He's not nto his "mature" stage yet, and he's starting to be an indoor cat, and when we go to the vet he/she will hopefully tell my parents to neuter him and vaccinate hikm.

I like you, you sound like a sensible person, well done for getting the cat seen to.
I hope you have many happy years of pet owning ahead. Good luck with the appointment.

. . . and when we go to the vet he/she will hopefully tell my parents to neuter him and vaccinate hikm.

That's what finally did it for my parents. We took our outdoor tomcat into the vet because he was acting lethargic and unwell. Our vet convinced my parents to get him fixed. Unfortunately, before it could happen, he disappeared and was never seen again. However, because of our vet, our current cats are up-to-date on their vaccines, and they were all fixed at six months of age. They're also indoor/outdoor with available shelter when they're outside, and they're some of the healthiest cats we've ever owned.

Keep hanging in there. You sound like an intelligent person who will make some future pets very happy.

We just came back from the vet...
We just bought him a cat carriage and we went in a taxi. (The taxi driver said he was so cute, and that he had 2 cats at home :) ) He was scared but then we arrived and there were like 4 dogs all barking ad yowling and he got creeped out and he puffed up and he stared at them. Finally we went in the vet's room. She said he is healthy. She gave him his vaccines, and then we told her about the legs. She said the legs were fine, it was just that some cats were territorial around their "private parts". My mom and brother didn't let me talk so I didn't get the chance to ask about the purple. But she checked everywhere and he was fine. He weighs 10.5 pound and she said he was a normal weight (which is a relief becaus we thought he was chubby and we bought him diet food.) She also said that the food we bought him causes chrystals and that we should switch to Iams, Science Diet, or something Canine (isn't that for dogs??). He also told my mom to neuter him because he'll start spraying soon and it'll cause LOTS of trips to the vet and it'll be REALLY hard if we wanted to switch him to inside cat. My brother asked lots of questions about neutering him and he still doesn't want to :( :( :( :sad: :sad: :sad: :( :( :(
I told him it'd hurt more to have all those fights that\n to neuter him but he said it's not because of pain, he won't tell me why.
But other than that, he's fine :D

he won't tell me why
.....it's a guy thing :lol:
I think they feel the pain just thinking about it.

Glad it went ok and your kitty is doing good :)

Hi , glad your cat is OK now, he will be a lot happier if he is neutered, and yes it is a male thing not to like thinking about it, try talking to your mom or dad about it instead of your brother.
Food wise i would go with the Iams, i have used it for my cats for about 20 years with no Kidney problems.

mommyof2bettas - As a long time cat owner, I have to tell you your brother is wrong about the neutering part, actually it will help you cat to be healthier in the long run because just like humans, cats can develope prostate cancer and having them "clipped" can prevent this. I have owned cats most of my life and every vet I have ever talked to said it is better to have it done then not, plus it cuts down on the possibility he will fight or cross the roads to get to other cats. I am a guy, soI understand your brothers concern about it. I hope this helps in the future and good luck with your cat. The purple olor could have been an allergic reaction to the soap or could be the cat was cold after it's bath and the blood vessels were expanded to worn him back up, just my opinion. Like I said before, good luck and hope he lives long and happy.

Most reactions

Back