Help

bettas

Moved On
Reaction score
my filter wasnt working so i thought ill clean it so i did and it sill doesnt work

Bit of a wasted thread then really!!
Was there any need to say that? We all know that some people become annoyed with bettas posts but that is because he is young. If you don't like what he says in his posts then it's very simple and easy to just not reply.
I don't think you would like people posting this on your threads.

What went wrong with it and how did you fix it?
yeah if the powerhead or something else is on the blink then it could happen again

also how often do you clean your filter?

I usually clean my filters out in water from water changes once every 10days, but then again i do have alot of heavy waste producing fish like my plecs, most people with lightly stocked tanks or tanks with low-waste producing fish only clean their filters out once every 2weeks :thumbs: .
You should only remove the worst fo the gunk and muck, and not clean the filter sponge out sparkling clean, but it is important to make sure the propellor/motor thingy is well cleaned out as this can often become clogged up with gunk and prevent your filter from starting when you turn it back on after a clean :nod: .

Was there any need to say that? We all know that some people become annoyed with bettas posts but that is because he is young. If you don't like what he says in his posts then it's very simple and easy to just not reply.
I don't think you would like people posting this on your threads.

Yep was a bit mean but I had just been reading his 3 shrimp threads, couldn't hold back im afraid

bit of a wasted post really :p

Betta maybe say what was wrong and how you fixed it so others having that problem will know how to resolve it

also maybe an idea to identify the problem in your post title as more people will look, just a sugestion

...most people with lightly stocked tanks or tanks with low-waste producing fish only clean their filters out once every 2weeks :thumbs: .
Oh, is that how often you're supposed to do it? :look:
I only clean mine out when I notice a decrease in filter flow, which is usually only once every 3-5 months or so...

...most people with lightly stocked tanks or tanks with low-waste producing fish only clean their filters out once every 2weeks :thumbs: .
Oh, is that how often you're supposed to do it? :look:
I only clean mine out when I notice a decrease in filter flow, which is usually only once every 3-5 months or so...

I have to agree with Synirr on this one. :thumbs: It's pointless to clean something that isn't very dirty. :D

Most reactions

Back