help

Reaction score
3 neon tetras..had 4..then 3..took the dead back..back to 4..another died..now 3 again

other breed of tetras..mid glow or somethin? orange stripe..lil bigger then neons..had 4..1 died..petsmart was out of em so i ended u gettin 3 scissor tails...

did a 75% water change last night..everything seems to be fine? theres also a small chinese algea eater n the tank.

its a 10g tank with a penguin 110 with a bio-wheel

stats:

no chlorine

ph:6.8-7.2
nitrate: 20
nitrite:1.0
hardness:75
alkalinity:180

please suggest somethin..tell me wuts goin on..help is wut i need

how big is the chinese algea eater. when full grown they can get real aggressive, if this one is full grown it could be killing your fish. if not it has to be with the water so well also need to know the ammonia levels. nitrites need to be 0 as has been stated all ready

Neon tetra's are no good in cycling tank they need a mature tanks of six months,as very fragile tp poor water quality, the chinese algae eater it far way to big for a 10gal will become aggrressive and they are one of the worse plecs you can keep, i would consider taking it back,plus a nitrite reading above 020 is toxic to fish, and none of those fish are hardy to cycle a tank with.

Most reactions

Back