Help With Stocking Please? (Kinda Long - Sorry!)

Opinions vary widely when it comes to multiple bettas in the same tank. Honestly, I've never done it with so small a tank, but I have 1 male and 4 females in a 90G community tank now. I have a large array of floating plants that they all use as their home and have no trouble with them. They've bred several times, but a weather loach seems to love betta eggs, so they never get a chance to hatch.
   The females quarreled for dominance until I added the floating array, but each now claims a different corner, and the male claims it all.
   However, as stated above, 1 male betta and a few small tetras would go nicely together. Or a single, colorful dwarf gourami and a small group of small fish.  Red Flame dwarf gouramis are quite striking when grown. Only 1 male betta or 1 gourami per tank though, as anabantoids are quarrelsome with their own species.

It is not wise to combine Betta and tetras in so small a tank, here being 10 gallons.  This is really asking for trouble.  The Betta may not appreciate the tetras sharing his small space (and to the fish a 10g is very small space), and/or the tetras may take it into their head to nip the Betta's fins.  This would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

So I was thinking of getting 2 male guppies and 6 tetras. Will they get along well?

HarpyFishLover said:
So I was thinking of getting 2 male guppies and 6 tetras. Will they get along well?
It's best to start a thread of your own, if you want stocking advice, or it gets confusing
smile.png

Don't forget to post the size of your tank, how long it's been set up, what fish you already have, if any, and whether your water is hard or soft
smile.png

Most reactions

Back