Help With Siphoning

thanks everyone :)
wd that sounds like a great idea, i only have 1 tank tho, so bit extreme for me ;)
cheers for the pic om47, looks like i've been doing it right, it just isn't working. maybe i'll have to try the old fashioned suck on the end of the hose to get it back in :sick: lol
:lol: I know, I'd never have room for it in my house either. I just like telling the story, lol.

~~waterdrop~~
:lol:

well, during water changes last night, i tried the ol' suck on the end of the pump trick.

stood there thinking, this is easy, im such a pro. not one single mouthful of water, im so awesome.

well they do say, pride cometh before a fall.

third bucket coming out *cough choke splutter* eeeeewwwwww. :sick: :sick: :sick:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work, on the mouth full of water! :good: I have thus far avoided the mouth full of aquarium water...but I'm sure my time is coming.

Timmy_Bee, if they're saying to use the filter as a block for the rush of pouring water in then I'd say don't worry about it. If you keep it well within reason I find most fish actually find it fun to have water poured in. After all, often they are kids and its their only roller-coaster ride. Of course, every situation is different and beginners sometimes need to learn how easily decorations or plants can be disrupted.

~~waterdrop~~

fair play. Yea mine love the water. In fact i have started using it as a landscaping tool - aiming the water around a bogwood 'bridge' to create a bit of a pludge pool for my plecs to swim about...

I agree - my fish seem to love the shower of water in the tank. I have a large cave decoration where I aim the waterfall, so the plants don't get displaced.

I use a watering can that is just the right size for me. I can direct the flow into a corner or onto wood or rock to reduce the stress onto the fish. I find it ideal for mixing the declor and keeping an eye on the temp of the water I'm replacing. I use this on all 3 of my tanks, and I'm only a diddy thing myself.

I've had a mouth full of water loads of times. Makes you feel a bit sick. Which I can't understand, it's only water......with fish waste, plant ferts and dechlor in it!

Most reactions

Back