Help With Discus

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Right my discus are always laying eggs and never hatch due to the others eating them so decided to seperate my tank in to 2 parts and the 1 pair actually laid 100s of eggs up the breeding cone but they still ate them . How can I stop them eating them ?

probably 1 of 2 things . either just inexperienced or they dont feel its a suitable environment for raising fry due to the other discus. if the divider is clear they can still see the other fish and probably associate the threat. maybe trying a divider they cant see through might help. failing that put them in an entirely seperate tank away from the other fish .

Yeah the diverder is clear doh , really don't want another tank 3 is enough lol

Some fish just like to eat the eggs. What some breeders do is put a metal wire around the cone so the parents can't get at the eggs but they are still with them.

Breeding discus is really hard well getting fry to a good size is hard. Even if the fry hatch they could be food.

I've already just made one lol no brill but worth a try can u buy proper ones? Do you have to keep both parents with the eggs

You should have both with the eggs if the parents are still getting along.

Its doin my head in lol just want babies

Most reactions

Back