Help! What Would You Buy Someone For Their Birthday...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Curiosity101

Is now at University! :D
Reaction score
It's my Grandads birthday this weekend and I still don't have anything for him... Yeah ok I'm a bad person. lol.
But he's so hard to buy for! When people get to a certain age they just seem to have everything they could possibly want.
But anyways he has a pond and I was thinking I could buy something for it to make his life easier.

Any ideas?
I know it's a very vague question but seriously ANY ideas would be welcomed.

At the mo the best I came up with was trying to trim down the plants and such around the edge cause they've gone a bit wild.

Maybe a new type of goldfish he doesn't have in his pond. How big is the pond? get him some plant trimmers etc and a nw goldfish he doesn't have in the pond atm

Sadly no room for more fish :(

And the reason he hasn't done the maintenance himself is because you have to be pretty agile to do all of the stretching and such needed to sort the plants.
I'm not saying I'm some sort of gymnast, but I have at least 50 years on him! Hehe.

Thanks for the ideas though. Like your thinking!

I have seen those a couple of times. Is he likely to appreciate one? (if he doesn't have one already).

Where the pond is it doesn't get a huge amount of debris blown into it.
But are they still useful for general rubbish build up?

As you can see, I don't really know all that much about ponds! :blush:

Maybe something like one of those water vacuums that are basically a acryclic dome that uses that vacuum thing to hold water above it normal line and fish swim into the dome about 1 foot out of the water in this little dome. Not sure where to get it from or how much it costs.

lol them pond domes cost £900.00 lol a bit more then a £40.00 budget
how about some pond lights you can get them for under £40

maybe you can have someone take him out for dinner or something and do apond cleanup and makeover with new plants quite a bit of work but i'd do it :good:
shahrez

write him a lovely card and say you are going to spend the day with him because you love him. Say you will be the labour and he can be the foreman and you will clean up the pond :good: Make him a nice lunch and sit in the garden and admire the pond.

Costs barely anything and he will love it

Seffie x

:fish:

reckon that's a good idea. buying him something may not be his taste but offering to help him tidy up the pond and maybe do some regular maintenance every month or so could help him fully enjoy it again?

maybe you can have someone take him out for dinner or something and do apond cleanup and makeover with new plants quite a bit of work but i'd do it :good:
shahrez

I think that would cost more than 40. Pond plants are expensive. You might be able to get 2 lilies for 40.

Most reactions

Back