Help Please *clown Loaches*

Lol, for second then i thought you'de taken that the wrong way, but then i saw your British :)

Through all the time I've kept clown loaches, the fewer you have, the less you see them, when you have large numbers at a time they are more active all the time.

They way they handle snails is amazing, They pick they up and kind of turn them untill the get there mouths over the whole in the snial, They they do something to make the clicking sound there famouse for, It seems to me like there sucking in very quicly and powerfully, and then if the loach is big enough of the snail is small enought they will suck it right out of its shell...

Obviuosly if the snail is smaller they will just eat the whole lot.

Wow - amazing, but a shame for the poor snail! Especially as I paid money for them. At the moment the snails are big compared to the clowns, but that doesn't stop the odd nip now and then!

Irf.

Thank you for all your reply's guys it really is helping me alot..

As for the snale question I dont have any in my tank at the monent.
I think it may be a good idea to try to go out and buy frozen brine fish.
Hopefully it will work. I also have a moonlight but i havent seen them
come out except for one yesturday but then he ran away when he saw
me coming to feed them =0(. Hopefully he wont be a shy soon give it
a couple more days becasue I love the look of these guys!

I currently have 4 clown loaches. They are very sociable, and they are out playing all of the time. They have a lot of shelter among the rocks and plastic plants. They do nap alot during the day, but if they hear me in the room, they wake up and start to look for the food. Mine will eat anything. One of the LFS has a snail problem, and they love to give me a bag of free snails. It's amazing to watch this fun loving little guys turn into hell bent hunters. If there is a snail in the water, they will hunt it down. My clowns will eat any commercial fish food. Pellets, flakes, freeze dried, etc. They really like veggies also. I will give them spinach, zuchini, cucumbers, and other soft veggies. I have a small rock, and I attach the food with a rubber band. I also will feed them freeze dried kelp the same way. If you want to be entertained for a while, cut a piece of cocktail shrimp into a medium size. Make it small enough for them to move, but not small enough to swallow whole. One fish will grab it, and try to run with it. The other fish will try to steal it. They will all get a few bits, and they get some good exercise.
Mine are not shy at all! They seem to like me. When I feed them frozen food, I melt it first in a small plastic cup. I'll pour a little bit of the frozen shrimp and water into the tank. They swim right up to, and sometimes into the cup. Some times when I'm cleaning the tank, they will try to graze on the hair on my arm. It can hurt when they get one! If sit in front of the tank, they will swim to me! When it comes to clown loaches, I think it's safe to say that there are no specific rules. The clowns personallity and behaviour varies almost as much as humans.
With most social fish, the more you have, the better. Same thing with the hiding spots. The more the better. Give them time to settle in, and they may show themselves more. Then again, maybe they won't! :fish:

Most reactions

Back