Help! Nitrate 160 ppm!

What do you mean?

Yes.. do a 75 % water change all at once as soon as possible and in 7 days do another75% water change.. then recheck levels.. you need to do at least a 50% water change every 7 days thereafter and perhaps more if levels are still high... and do not overfeed.. feed what the fish can eat in one minute or even less than that amount..

Yes.. do a 75 % water change all at once as soon as possible and in 7 days do another75% water change.. then recheck levels.. you need to do at least a 50% water change every 7 days thereafter and perhaps more if levels are still high... and do not overfeed.. feed what the fish can eat in one minute or even less than that amount..
thanks

Really depends how often you do testing.. once you got your nitrates down to a reasonable level ( under 20 ppm) and other things like ph, nitrites, and ammonia are at proper levels you can test less often.

My tank is cycled and stable so I hardly ever check nitrites, ammonia, and nitrites unless fish are acting strangely or look stressed. My nitrates are very low ( under 10 ppm) so I might check nitrates levels every couple of months and they are always low. I recommend putting in lots of live plants including some floating plants to help prevent any spikes in levels. I do at least a 50% water change every 7 to 9 days.

Is this the API master test kit? If so it should last you ages, and will probably expire before you would run out

If u run out of just one of the tests, you can order a replacement for just that test.

Also if you have removed the concrete you mentioned it would be interesting to know your ph now too

Most reactions

Back